The pros and cons of Amazon Prime.

• 9 Replies

Goosegirl

The pros and cons of Amazon Prime.
« on: July 17, 2020, 17:21 »
Anyone on here know if it's worth using Amazon Prime. I make a few purchases from Amazon now and again but I think one I made recently put me on a Prime account which I didn't know about and hadn't signed to it either. I cancelled it but then signed up to it for a month to test it out. Did I do the right thing cancelling it or what.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: The pros and cons of Amazon Prime.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 18:18 »
Unless you buy a lot from Amazon, or want to use their firestick to watch films via your TV, I don't think it's worth the subscription fees - Just my opinion, of course

Christine

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 18:23 »
Apparently the firestick for films is quite good value - well so the local family says. Wouldn't know, don't have a telly.  :lol:

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 18:39 »
Wouldn't be without Prime! We buy a fair amount from them in the first place, but we ditched Sky TV and have Prime and Netflix instead. Excellent value we find, plus I get a few more obscure extras related to videogaming.

DanielCoffey

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 22:46 »
I have them just for the shopping. Especially since lockdown I have had to order more small items in since we are "shielding". If you do take Prime, make sure to check whether the item you are buying is Amazon Marketplace (not covered by Prime) or Sold by Amazon (usually covered) or "Fulfilled by Amazon" (sometimes covered). The Amazon Pantry items are an upcharge over Prime so watch for those.

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 06:01 »
I suppose that it's a good idea if you're away working, but we just don't need to have something in 24 hrs, and don't watch flicks on TV, so after being duped by them twice, and getting the dosh back, we decided it wasn't for us!

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2020, 15:27 »
A while back I refused amazons offer of prime service. But  lockdown  happened and I needed to purchase stuff such as Birthday gifts and things for house etc.,  and as I can't see myself trawling the shops for those special December gifts, oh  and Prime have most of the ATP tennis (when they play) I decided that it is worth my while to pay an annual subscription. I will review the situation when the year is up.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2020, 15:56 »
I use amazon, but haven't got prime.  Sometime ago I took advantage of their free one month, but didn't actually want it, and had to make a note to myself to cancel it.     If the postage is free, I buy, unless it is very cheap, if not I look elsewhere.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2020, 17:12 »
Wouldn't be without Prime! We buy a fair amount from them in the first place, but we ditched Sky TV and have Prime and Netflix instead. Excellent value we find, plus I get a few more obscure extras related to videogaming.

What he said... except for the video gaming.  I also subscribe to kindle unlimited.  It’s saved me a fortune on e-books.

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 09:50 »
We use it a lot, and also have Netflix and kindle. Although I haven't turned the TV on since April! I couldn't stand all the constant bickering from politicians and various political commentators with their opinion driven agendas.
If we turned the TV on to watch something on prime or net, Mrs rocket would always insist on "catching up with the news" first, so I don't bother any more.
Add that to the stupidity of the general population...I'm going off topic now...
Amazon Prime is great, you need to watch pricing but I suspect most on here would anyway as a matter of course.
Returns are easy and in our experience hassle free.
We drive past the warehouse on our way to the Gower, it's mahoosive!!

xx
Amazon Prime scam

Started by Tenhens on Chatting on the Plot

28 Replies
Last post July 24, 2020, 11:05
by Aunt Sally
xx
Amazon Prime Scam Warning

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 20, 2019, 17:01
by Growster...
xx
Another new prime minister

Started by GraciesGran on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post October 21, 2022, 13:38
by GraciesGran
xx
Amazon scam

Started by jezza on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post January 14, 2021, 10:29
by jezza

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 49 queries.