Wisley Day Out

• 2 Replies

mrs bouquet

Wisley Day Out
« on: September 20, 2019, 11:08 »
Well, the weather men were right, it was a glorious day and the Wisley weather thingy said 24c    The sky was a stunning blue and the colour still in the flower and rose beds were amazing.    There was a contemporary sculpture exhibition scattered around the grounds, including some Henry Moore.   I have to say they were not to my taste, and I preferred the sculpture of the trees against the beautiful sky.
Lots to spend money on in the plant, garden and gift shop.   I was very restrained  !!!
Organised by U3A, the coach, entrance, and tip for the driver was £12.    So an all-round lovely day.   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

jaydig

Re: Wisley Day Out
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 17:14 »
Glad the weather was kind, and that you enjoyed your day out, Mrs B.  There's something about a lovely day at the end of the summer that can't be beaten, isn't there? 

Growster...

Re: Wisley Day Out
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 18:53 »
Did you see the huge goldfish Mrs B?

When we went a few years ago, they'd just started the Japanese Garden. I bet it's fabulous now! It's a marvellous day out, and we want to go again soon!

(Their leeks were planted a bit too close together, but I was pleased to see that they grew their cucumbers the same way that we do too...)

;0)

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 42 queries.