Poor Murphy!

• 4 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Poor Murphy!
« on: January 16, 2013, 16:18 »
We turned our horse, Murphy, out in a new field for the winter as he doesn't much like stables and would not be worked over winter. I have been feeling really bad because his field is so waterlogged and his legs are constantly up to his elbows in liquid mud. He has a rug on, and because he plays through the hedge with the horse next door he is going through one a month, catching them on the thorns and tearing them.

Today when we went down to feed him, he was walking really oddly, and kept jumping and looking round . He had managed to dip his tail, which was quite long to help against the rain, in liquid mud and it had frozen and was hitting his legs as he walked! It had clumped together like a Rasta barnet and was playing a tune.

Out came the scissors, I thought he could manage with a shorter tail and it will soon grow again. OH took the scissors as it was very icy underfoot and he looks after me. Suffice to say, we are now calling the horse Bob, as with typical exaggeration, a foot became two in a man's head. :ohmy: :lol:

Poor Murphy. Good job there are no flies about! :ohmy:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Poor Murphy!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 16:49 »
 :lol: :lol:

I know how poor Murphy feels, everything was frozen all day today.  The turkey shed padlock and catch, all the birds water (7) one of the doors to our walk in run was frozen to the frame!   ::)  Going to be the same tomorrow by the forecast as well. 

I hope that Murphy is not too embarassed to show his head/tail through the fence to his pals next door.  I have visions of them rolling on their backs laughing.   :lol:
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Dawnuss

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 18:45 »
Awww poor murphy. I took my son to his riding stables saturday and his teacher was having a great time trying to calm the horses that dont like being stabled but had to come in for a while. Cause its been such a wet year she had a lot of the horses out of work because of sore feet. My son keep asking for hisbown horse but i think ile stick to taking him to the stables and avoid myself slodging through mud and paying hefty vet bills lol  :lol: long hairs to high maintanance anyway  ;)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 19:25 »
Very wise!!!

wighty

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 20:39 »
We're still managing to get a 'ride' in at least once aweek here but do keep to the higher ground  so it is 'harder',. Not gone out this week as it was tipping down and really cold and as Charlie and Knowles are both old :(14 and 17) only really like a 'wander' didn't want to work them too hard.  My body notices the difference though!

xx
Meet Murphy

Started by tosca100 on Pets without Feathers

30 Replies
Last post September 18, 2011, 20:50
by evie2
xx
Anyone remember Murphy?

Started by tosca100 on Pets without Feathers

6 Replies
Last post May 30, 2012, 03:29
by Trillium
xx
the poor wee man

Started by arugula on Pets without Feathers

22 Replies
Last post January 04, 2010, 19:24
by hillbilly
xx
poor spud

Started by Hawkins on Pets without Feathers

15 Replies
Last post February 02, 2010, 22:12
by janet12000

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 38 queries.