"Beast Sheds" - Any Good?

• 17 Replies

Hitman

"Beast Sheds" - Any Good?
« on: April 07, 2013, 20:33 »
Hello,

I was wondering in anyone has experience of "Beast Sheds" which I found on the Internet?  At my previous house I had a shed broken into so I am looking for something more substantial than your standard sheds.

The "Beast" range look very sturdy but, as far as I can tell, they aren't available to view anywhere.  I have emailed the company to ask if they can be viewed, but worryingly, they haven't responded.  So I would be grateful of any experience that anyone has of this range, or the supplier.

Thanks in advance.

Hitman

Re: "Beast Sheds" - Any Good?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 08:30 »
OK. So I can't make up my mind.  Is no bad experiences reported -"Good", or is no good experiences posted - "Bad"?

Which way should I go?

Regards

HM

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 08:48 »
It's probably more an indication that they are not a widely known brand. 

Their products look the business on their website, but I would be a little wary of buying from a company which doesn't reply to a sales enquiry email, and also has a big white space on their website where the customer reviews are supposed to be.  :unsure:

Always a good plan to buy quality rather than cheapo items but I'd always want to view something like a shed "in the flesh" before buying.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

madcat

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 15:41 »
Can you get over to Stafford?  If you can, I can recommend a good supplier there - They made my OHs workshop and it is a good sturdy job.  Let me know if you are interested and I'll find the details.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Hitman

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 20:56 »
Yes please. Stafford is just up the road. Could you send me the details?

Many thanks.

madcat

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2013, 13:44 »
Viking Garden Buildings.  (For the record - no financial or personal interest in them!)
http://www.vikinggardenbuildings.com/

The workshop is solid, very well made, went together like a dream (we built it from the parts), all their stuff is made from tanalised timber and they were helpful, flexible, prompt with delivery and willing to go the extra for a happy customer.  And not pricey for what it is.  The show yard is tucked off the A34 - definitely not showy, you have to hunt a bit to find it - there is not a lot of sales and marketing overhead, but you can see what you are getting, the timber etc

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 20:49 »
I've just checked the price of a shed with them - got to say they seem very pricey. My 16x8 Apex, treated and extra reinforced due to very windy location was supplied and built for less than half their price. The floor is T&G and so is the roof (no nasty compressed board)

I've not tried driving a truck over the floor .. it's a shed not a garage! Only problem I've had is some of the felt ripped off the roof (100mph gusts) but that was only a morning's work and £15 to fix

My advice would be to check a few local suppliers if you want quality or just go for a cheap and cheerful from wherever and paint it with preservative.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Hitman

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 19:01 »
Well, following the experience from madcat I bought a Viking Shed - from their security range.  It's new (not treated yet) but looks the job.  We had a couple of "false starts" due to an inadequate base, and only half the roof being delivered, but we finally got there.

franker

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 10:43 »
Yes! You should of got a Beast Shed! I bought a "Security" shed so no little so and so is going to get my tools! They put a veranda on it for me so I'm going to be able to sit out in our glorious Summer rain  :lol:! I'll take a photo of it when I next go to the allotment.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:36 by arugula »

franker

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 08:32 »
I finally got round to taking a photo of my Beast shed:

I won't go on about it (even though I am very a proud owner! :lol:). If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer!

BobE

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 11:52 »
I reckon I could twist the lock bracket off it within 30 seconds.
You just grip the point where the padlock fits and twist it off.  Its the weak point on most sheds.  You really need a deadlock of some kind.  By grip I mean use a pair of pliers or a pipe wrench or an adjustable spanner.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 20:42 by BobE »

Hitman

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 20:24 »
Hello all,

I took the advice from this forum and got a "security shed" from Viking.  This has a covered lock.  I don't know if it makes it more secure or whether it just looks more secure!  I have attached a photo which I hope is OK.  Whenever I post a photo it tends to come out upside down.

The key is in the lock to help understand how the lock hangs.  It is obviously more secure if the key is removed although I do have to remind the wife of this.

Regards

HM
image.jpg

BobE

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 20:40 »
It needs to be screwed down or else they can simply tip it over.
(The shed to the base I mean)

Hitman

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 21:06 »
Good point. Perhaps I should have posted a picture of the complete thing. It's 10' x 12' so I don't think even a few men would tip it over.
image.jpg

BobE

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 21:13 »
Good point. Perhaps I should have posted a picture of the complete thing. It's 10' x 12' so I don't think even a few men would tip it over.

I agree completely, I meant the 6x4 one a bit earlier. 

xx
The "toy" engine "expert" is out.

Started by Gwiz on Equipment Shed

9 Replies
Last post April 21, 2007, 09:57
by Gwiz
xx
The RYOBI 410r 31cc "rotavator"

Started by Guzzik on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post June 12, 2011, 19:25
by 4th season allot
xx
"Aquired" some corrugated plastic sheets

Started by Kleftiwallah on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 24, 2017, 10:46
by Kleftiwallah
xx
"pre-mixed" Cheshunt Compound - ok to keep?

Started by fekq on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 15, 2010, 20:10
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 40 queries.