Hello - is this thing on?

• 21 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Hello - is this thing on?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2021, 20:46 »
Mr. Lardman (sir). Greetings!

I don't know you at all, being somewhat new to AG myself, but I can already tell that I've missed you, and just didn't know it!  :D  I look forward to getting to know you.

I am truly sorry to hear about your difficulties navigating care for Mother Lard.  My wife and I have helped two parents through many years of long-term care, including doing the care ourselves, progressing through to memory care. Anyone that helps a loved one with that process has my full respect, it's not easy.

Tell me about Max; cat or dog? What's his personality like? We have one dog now (Murray, 6, terrier-dachshund mix), but previously had 3 other dogs (2 dachshunds, one your-guess-is-as-good-as-mine), and cats in times past. The old ones, now absent, brought us joy throughout their lives, even in their last years; I wish you and Max the best.

What a lovely supportive post  :)
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 15:13 »
Wrinkled, hmm, hope that's no reference to me - ha! Wondered where you'd been and like the rest of us are really sorry about how your life has been, but glad you can come on here and tell us old chums your woes. Re- Growster's post, I do partake the odd alcoholic beverage but only on special occasions. Love to know more about Max and maybe a pic as well. Grab whatever hand is held out to you, whether it be from people, the comforting hugs from Max, the sun on your face, walking round a garden etc, as nature provides us all with its healing balm when you need it. I'd fly over and give you a massive GG hug but I've run out of oxygen masks!  ;)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Lardman

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2021, 23:11 »
It's been 12 months that is best applied to the brassica bed.

You're not wrong John, but don't risk ruining a good cabbage, especially a savoy  :D

Wrinkled, hmm, hope that's no reference to me - ha!

Embrace your wrinkles people ;) They represent the difference between knowledge and wisdom, and the ability to discern the value of both. ;)

I can already tell that I've missed you, and just didn't know it!  :D 
You are too kind  :) That'll wear off; or I think there's a cream you can get from the doctor - at least this side of the pond.

Max is a dog (but don't tell him that) with a taste for furniture. What we call a blue staffordshire bull terrier. I thought I'd posted some picture before but can't find them. He's a a little more threadbare and greying around the muzzle now - we both are. He still considers himself the same pup I rescued 7 years ago. I will give him an extract cuddle and tell him it's from you lot.

GraciesGran

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2021, 06:49 »
Good morning,.

We've never met but as one staffie owner to another I know what a charming guy you are.  Missy who allows me to care for her is a brindle, she's 11 and a half but stomps in the rhubarb in my garden to keep her energy levels up.

This is a safe place to be with a supportive group of people all of whom want the best for you. 

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2021, 12:27 »
Max is a dog (but don't tell him that) with a taste for furniture. What we call a blue staffordshire bull terrier.

Well, he sounds like a handsome devil, threadbare or not!
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Lardman

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2021, 20:31 »
Missy who allows me to care for her is a brindle, she's 11 and a half but stomps in the rhubarb in my garden to keep her energy levels up.
Fellow staffie owners know  ;) - they are the cats of the dog world. You do not own a staffie they allow you too look after them  :D a small price for their absolutely devotion.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 08:31 »
Good to see you back Lardman - sorry you've had such a bad time.

(Yes, I too noticed your absence - couldn't eat a piece of cheese without wondering why you'd gone under the radar for so long.)
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

xx
Have I done the right thing ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 01, 2019, 17:20
by Christine
xx
Daftest thing you nearly did lately

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post June 20, 2019, 17:05
by sospan
xx
What's the daftest thing you did lately?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post January 27, 2019, 14:28
by rowlandwells
xx
Just how do you get every thing done in the garden.

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post April 01, 2023, 11:49
by LILLILEAF

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 44 queries.