Hello - is this thing on?

• 21 Replies

Lardman

Hello - is this thing on?
« on: March 18, 2021, 19:32 »
Anyone miss me ? No, thought not  :D

Thought it about time and I'd just stick my head out of the cellar door to see what's going on.  It's all very scary, so many new faces  :lol:  and not a slice of carrot cake to be seen.  Just ignore me whilst I borrow your microwave and nuke a spud, cover it in cheese an call it a substantial meal.  :tongue2:

wighty

Re: Hello - is this thing on?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 19:40 »
I've missed you and have tried to contact you to no avail.  Lovely to see you again Lardy.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 20:20 »
Evening  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 20:20 »
Yes, I’ve missed your nuked potatoes, often thought I wonder whether the microwave had nuked you by mistake & Max had a meat fest lol. How is Max. Did you keep working through the lock downs? Or could you spend all your time in the garden?
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Lardman

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 20:48 »
Life has kicked me about a bit Im battered and bruised,  which is why I've been awol. I've not been easy to reach but could have found at the bottom of a bottle of 40% - single malts only as you have to keep up standards  :nowink: 

How is Max.
He's not so good  :( , mast cell cancer, 8 tumours removed in 2 operations so far. Whilst it's knocked him about, he still retains his personality  ;) and still thinks he owns the place  ::) His time is limited but as good as it could be.  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 21:11 by Lardman »

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 21:33 »
Hi Lardy, where did they dredge you up from ?

Nice to see you back.  Lots of new faces here... lots of old wrinkled ones too  :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 09:09 »
Good to see you again Lardman, sad news about Max though :(
Now you're back, don't disappear again  :nowink:

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 09:11 »
Life has kicked me about a bit Im battered and bruised,  which is why I've been awol. I've not been easy to reach but could have found at the bottom of a bottle of 40% - single malts only as you have to keep up standards  :nowink: 

How is Max.
He's not so good  :( , mast cell cancer, 8 tumours removed in 2 operations so far. Whilst it's knocked him about, he still retains his personality  ;) and still thinks he owns the place  ::) His time is limited but as good as it could be.  :)

I’m really sorry to hear that on both counts Lardy, you know you’re among friends here, don’t leave it so long. GG needed help(I know she won’t mind me saying, as she made it public on here) with the demon drink, we could have offered you our help. :)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 09:59 »
Hello stranger  :D

Good to see you back. Some new faces, some still around from when you were last here.

Sorry to hear you have a bit of a rough time, but hopefully things are a bit better now. Shame about Max as well, but if he is getting as good a time as he can, he’ll be happy. That is the thing you learn from pets. Live in the moment and worry about tomorrow when it comes  :)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 12:58 »
Hi Lardman,  I have missed you, and tried to contact you.  I often wonder what yo are up to and why we haven't heard from you.  Glad you're back.   I am still nuking spuds.  :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Lardman

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 14:50 »
 :) big virtual hugs to all, just the one mind and don't tell anyone.

Now you're back, don't disappear again  :nowink:
Baby steps MoS, I can't promise anything  ::)

To address the elephant in the room : Mother Lard is still with us too, despite them telling me in December that she had just hours left to live.  :ohmy: This is against a backdrop of another 18 months of safeguarding interference, more fake allegations and a morning in Police custody down the cop shop for me.  When they started again over her end of life care I'm afraid I broke, walked away and I no longer provide any care  :( I have left Mother Lard with the best care agency I could, they are worth every penny of the £60 an hour  :ohmy:  but it's not the same as having family.

I'd also like to personally thank Mr Johnson and Mr Sunak for ensuring I fell into the absolutely no help for you, but you're not allowed to work either category every time  :mad:

I am still trying to find myself, or at least what is left of me :blush:

snowdrops

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2021, 15:01 »
Oh goodness Lardman, I am so sorry to hear of this for you & Mother Lard, thank you for being brave enough to tell us, I did wonder if all was well with her & didn’t like to ask. Take care & improving that diet of yours will do you the world of good ;)

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2021, 17:29 »
Mr. Lardman (sir). Greetings!

I don't know you at all, being somewhat new to AG myself, but I can already tell that I've missed you, and just didn't know it!  :D  I look forward to getting to know you.

I am truly sorry to hear about your difficulties navigating care for Mother Lard.  My wife and I have helped two parents through many years of long-term care, including doing the care ourselves, progressing through to memory care. Anyone that helps a loved one with that process has my full respect, it's not easy.

Tell me about Max; cat or dog? What's his personality like? We have one dog now (Murray, 6, terrier-dachshund mix), but previously had 3 other dogs (2 dachshunds, one your-guess-is-as-good-as-mine), and cats in times past. The old ones, now absent, brought us joy throughout their lives, even in their last years; I wish you and Max the best.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2021, 18:50 »
Great to see you around again Lardman - but sorry to hear you've had and are having such a tough time. It's been 12 months that is best applied to the brassica bed.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2021, 19:17 »
Lots of new faces here... lots of old wrinkled ones too  :lol:

As well as new wrinkled faces . . .

xx
Have I done the right thing ?

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post November 01, 2019, 17:20
by Christine
xx
What's the daftest thing you did lately?

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

12 Replies
Last post January 27, 2019, 14:28
by rowlandwells
xx
Just how do you get every thing done in the garden.

Started by LILLILEAF on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post April 01, 2023, 11:49
by LILLILEAF
xx
Daftest thing you nearly did lately

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post June 20, 2019, 17:05
by sospan

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 56 queries.