Cunning plan might have worked!!

• 3 Replies

Pompey Spud

« on: June 05, 2008, 12:43 »
Let me begin...

When I met Ray, our site warden, to choose my plot. I had the choice of 4 five rod plots which used to be someone elses 20 rod plot which was split up. (newbies can only have 5 rods as a max). This was back In February.

Of the 2 best, the one I chose had a rickety shed + a great plumb tree. The close next door 2nd had really nice Current canes all planted nicely on posts with wires etc. + it has a great strawberry patch. Someone had got this plot just after me.

As the weeks went by, I noticed no evidence of work was being done. They're quite strict on our site about that & will chuck people off within the permitted time frame. So I put my mum's name on the waiting list in March as they were also looking to cull it down due to time wasters.

Well to cut a tedious story short, my Mum's name is at the top & next door have until next week to start. (it's really overgrown now so hopefully that won't change). I've got to know Ray + his wife a bit with the odd chat & he's just rang me to say he's penciled her in for that plot.

Big plans for that plot!! :D

By the way. How big is 10 rods? Is that a small plot?

PUP :cheers:
Top tip for camping....don't go.

Trillium

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 15:19 »
Smart move Pompey  :wink:  Others on this site have done much the same; better the plots get used properly than left to propogate weeds.

samspade

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 17:30 »
lucky you on our allotment (north London -enfield wehave loads of plots just sitting there not being rented out .  its a shame because lots of people enquire about them but it seems to me they give it to you if they like you not because your on a list.  I would love to see them rented as we have a lovely bunch of hard working plot holders and I think if someone comes on and doesn't work there plot they should lose it.

crowndale

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 21:57 »
We had 5 half sized plots further divided up in the new year because of teh emormous wait list (I just managed to avoid being offered one and fortunately got a 'full' half plot further up).  But even these 1/4 plots are not all being worked.  one was kind pf dug over roughly and nothing has happened in the last two months so it is now as bad as it ever was (and it was bad before!).  two plots haven't even been touched.  the others have greater and lesser amounts of work done but the plot holders do at elast turn up regualrly and seem to be enjoying the experience.  A quarter plot is nothing to work over and it really annoys me that people take them on and then do nothing, a site inspection is coming up so hopefully they'll be warned and then turfed off.  As a new plot holder I am now subject to the new regs that mean I am not allowed to even put my name down for a second plot so am as annoyed by uncultivated plots now as I was before I got this one!!  Am considering digging up more of the garden or offering to dig some of my friends plot as around 1/3 is still not dug over
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

xx
Cunning plan worked. Secured new plot

Started by Pompey Spud on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post June 13, 2008, 22:47
by IsleworthTW7
xx
Have i struck upon a cunning plan?

Started by bedifferent on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post March 13, 2009, 23:46
by digalotty
xx
Rotovating-will this cunning plan work?

Started by She'sinthegarden on Grow Your Own

19 Replies
Last post March 03, 2009, 18:30
by She'sinthegarden
xx
Onion sets versus birds - cunning plan?

Started by Goosegirl on Grow Your Own

14 Replies
Last post April 10, 2015, 16:18
by Goosegirl

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 35 queries.