anyone got any dovecote plans please

• 22 Replies

philskin

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 09:14 »
Quote from: "richyrich7"
Can't find the plans or my photo's sorry  :(  The one I made was hexagonal, 2 floors with 3 pairs on each floor made from 3/4" matchboard for the outers 3 widths to a side interior I made from sterling board, but it would have been better with marine ply. Centre was had a hollow running thro' it for the post 5"x5", cant remember the height of each floor but don't think it was much more than 12". Have a look at this it was similar but I had made mine with a felt roof cut to look like shingles.

Each floor was divided into 3 partitions.
                                                                hiya rich thanks for taking the time to help ,Im probably thick but could you do a rough sketch of the inside please the one im making has 2 floors i just need a rough guide on how to seperate the inside floors thanks  phil
If the early bird gets the worm how come the 2nd mouse to the trap gets the cheese ??

philskin

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 09:15 »
horay finally found the plans and very good pics here,s a link if anyone needs it http://4filehosting.com/file/113097/Octagonal-white-traditional-Dove-cote-pdf.html1st scrol down ,enter the number wait scrol down you will see blue text saying compare , then wait and you will see yellow text that is the 1 you click on after the countdown then download virus check open plans and bobs your uncle fannies your aunt. Easy to follow plans ,thats earned me some brownie points after wasting money on the pile of c**p plans i bought of ebay only one thing left to say     CMON CHELSEA

philskin

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 09:21 »
Quote from: "paulc"
Greetings to philskin and thanks to richyrich7 for your welcome.  She who must be obeyed (For those who live in ignorance She who must be obeyed is was the honour given to Rumpole of the Bailey's longsuffering wife - or was that the otherway around) has retreated into darkest Africa until the first dovecote comes of the production line - dread to think of the rat population increase - I hear they are quite nice roasted slowly on a spit, its the tails I have difficulty swallowing - or was that the doves, either way it may cut down the food run to ASDA.

Seriously though, the one I am working on will be dry assembled and then taken appart for varnishing and painting - here's the furniture maker coming out.  And at this point it could be flat packed and shipped with assembly instruction.  it will be a week to 10 days before the photos are ready.  At the moment, the plans are top secret and if divulged (she who must) will be taking off for the moon - may be that's no bad thing.  Will keep you up to date.  Regards,  Paul
                                                                                                                      THANKS PAUL sorry I havent answered you before thanks for your offer but when I am dettermined to find something I get tunnel vision after all these pc,s are supposed to have all the info on the planet, should off been a defective  oh sorry thats what she who must be obeyed calls me .meant detective lol

Re: anyone got any dovecote plans please
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 09:51 »
Dear philskin

I have been sent this thread about Dovet cote plans .Unfortunatly the web link does not work is it possible you may still have some plans? I am trying to get some for my son as he wants to doe one for his GCSE exams. I posted a thread in capitals and have been told off I did not know this was classed as shouting  :ohmy: Any way Cap lock firmly off any help would be very appreciated.

philskin

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2009, 08:50 »
i will do my best to find them for you  phil

philskin

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 10:25 »
sorry runnerduck the site i found as gone and ive tried others i was lucky and managed to talk the oh out of having them so i deleted the ones i had

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 15:15 »
Never mind thank you again it is kind of you to have tried.Im not having much luck at all.I dont mind purchasing some but i have been told to be carefull where i purchase tham from as some are no good.One thing i dont want to do is ruin my sons chance of a good GCSE grade on duff plans

paul2009

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 21:56 »
Hi, If you're still looking, I bought some dovecote plans on eBay a couple of weeks ago. There are 4 traditional designs of different sizes, all with very easy to follow instructions and lots of pics. Hope they still have some copies left, the seller is  m*bargains , you should be able to find them by typing in ''4 DIY dovecote designs'' in the search.  Well worth a look! Hope that helps, Paul
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 22:03 by paul2009 »

xx
Plans for......

Started by FatGaz on Design and Construction

7 Replies
Last post October 06, 2007, 23:00
by FatGaz
xx
Greenhouse plans

Started by The Red Baron on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post May 11, 2013, 20:47
by The Red Baron
xx
Hen House Plans

Started by Zak the Rabbit on Design and Construction

6 Replies
Last post March 05, 2007, 15:48
by richyrich7
xx
Shed Plans

Started by NorthEast Old Newbie on Design and Construction

4 Replies
Last post November 28, 2013, 21:15
by NorthEast Old Newbie

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 29 queries.