Don't tell them, please.

• 8 Replies

wighty

Don't tell them, please.
« on: July 31, 2020, 18:42 »
I've now gone from full time to part time in our shop.  Yesterday I got bored so  made a cake.  Apple crumble loaf.  Cake made and      put in the oven.  Clearing up behind myself I moved the container of flour and found the three apples I had peeled and chopped!  All those that have tasted it have said that it's lovely and moist, but it's  just a shame the apple flavour didn't come through more.  (I've hidden the chopped apple deep in the freezer).   I just smile and say, yes, if I make it again I'll add more apple.  :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Don't tell them, please.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2020, 18:45 »
Made my day, Wighty.  “The Great British Carry On Baking “   :lol: :lol: :lol:

8doubles

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 20:18 »
Apple Crumble Suprise Loaf then !    ::)

Any desert that does not come out as planned just gets a coat of custard ! :)

Christine

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 07:46 »
Any desert that does not come out as planned just gets a coat of custard ! :)
Now that's my version of spoil any desert.  :(

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 10:21 »
Sounds good to me.  In the week my neighbour picked apples of the tree and said she wanted to try to make a pie with the sliced apple on top.     A while later she bought me in one she made for me.  It was pastry, with cooked down apple and then sliced apple on top, she had tipped on apricot jam, complete with the apricots.
Hey it was lovely.   Custard no, waited until cooled, then sliced and ate.   
Later when returning the plate, I said how nice it was and what nice light pastry.    She said,  Oh, I bought the pastry.       :D   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 11:24 »
I've now gone from full time to part time in our shop.  Yesterday I got bored so  made a cake.  Apple crumble loaf.  Cake made and      put in the oven.  Clearing up behind myself I moved the container of flour and found the three apples I had peeled and chopped!  All those that have tasted it have said that it's lovely and moist, but it's  just a shame the apple flavour didn't come through more.  (I've hidden the chopped apple deep in the freezer).   I just smile and say, yes, if I make it again I'll add more apple.  :D

Lol, made me laugh too, I once made a Victoria sponge & once it went in the oven & began dripping out of the loose bottomed tins I realised I hadn’t put the flour in  :lol: in my defence my children were small ....harassed mum syndrome or baby brain  :unsure:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 09:49 »

Lol, made me laugh too, I once made a Victoria sponge & once it went in the oven & began dripping out of the loose bottomed tins I realised I hadn’t put the flour in  :lol: in my defence my children were small ....harassed mum syndrome or baby brain  :unsure:

You're in good company.

I shall never forget cooking lessons in first year of secondary school.  The lass who went on to become Head Girl put the icing sugar in instead of the flour in her Victoria Sponge.  She was also cooking it in a spring release pan. 

The mixture dripped all over the cooker bottom ...  :ohmy:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 09:50 by Yorkie »
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2020, 11:54 »
I bet that wiped the smile off the head girls face.    :lol: :lol:  along with the oven floor.  !!  Mrs B

GraciesGran

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2020, 18:45 »
My mum made lemon meringue pie without the lemon, her excuse was that she'd been at the sherry, it all got eaten.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 48 queries.