GG's going into detox.

• 25 Replies

Goosegirl

GG's going into detox.
« on: January 06, 2020, 13:35 »
My dear friends. It has taken a lot out of me to finally admit that I've become an alcoholic. The reasons why are so complex, but I've just got to the point where I cannot continue to trash my life along with others who have always done their best to help. Tomorrow I am seeing my GP to get some professional help. I'll let you know how it goes and give you updates as and when. If anyone wants to privately email me then please do so.
Love to you all out there.
GG. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

ches

• Experienced Member
Re: GG's going into detox.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 13:59 »
Good luck and stay strong. We are all here for you.
Ches

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2020, 16:54 »
GG to admit you have a problem to close friends at home is one thing  but to come on the forum and tell
all, is a big thing to do for you and i think that is half the battle done for you and all the good people that
will help you from now on so i think its all good for you, all i can do is wish you everything to get you   back to good health,,,
Colin

jezza

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 19:45 »
Hello you could try Guinness Clear it's alcohol free tastes good if chilled  jezza

greenjay

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2020, 19:49 »
You are very brave admitting your problem.
Wanting help is the first step.
wishing you all the best

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2020, 20:58 »
All the best with your recovery, both of my parents were alcoholics, but sadly neither of them would/ will admit it despite all the problems it has caused.

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 21:58 »
What a brave woman you are, not an issue I know a lot about only that you have taken a huge step in recognising it for yourself, plus you musthave discussed it with close family & friends & to come on here & admit it just shows that you are committed to changing your behaviours. My very best wishes to you for your recovery (((big hugs))) xx
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

jaydig

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 09:32 »
GG - you have already taken the first, most important step of all, and that is to admit that you are an alcoholic.
Our son came to us three years ago now, having survived an almost successful suicide attempt, dressed in rags and painfully thin. His marriage had broken down, he was taking drugs, living in his van, suffering from undiagnosed depression, and yes, he is an alcoholic.
It has been a long, hard road, so we know what you are going through, and it isn't easy, but the support is there if you look for it. Hopefully you have family who will help you, and yes, you will probably have the odd slip along the way to recovery, but it doesn't mean that you aren't making progress, so never give up.
Not only your doctor can help you, but there are other sources who can support you with talking therapy, and it is important that you get this and can talk with people outside of your family in confidence. You may find, as we have done, that you will have to fight for this help, but don't be fobbed off, it is very important that you get it. Never feel ashamed - this is an illness not a lifestyle choice, and it's a difficult one to live with, but it can be done, and you will be surprised how many others are in the same boat as you are.
I'm sure that everyone on this site wants to support you, and we'll always listen if you need to talk, vent, or whatever you need to do to help you on your way through this.
Well done for taking the first step, and a big hug from me to help you on your way.

adri

• Experienced Member
    • peak hives
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 11:02 »
I'm trying a dry January as much as I can.  At least cutting out as much booze during the week as is practicable and being mindful not to then 'catch up' at the weekend.  Not easy though!!!

Alcohol is the not so hidden problem of our age I think.

Good Luck GG!
Peak Hives

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 13:04 »
Good luck to you GG.

You have already done the hardest thing in admitting you have a problem.  There are many people here who will give you support !

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 19:06 »
It's not going to be easy, but nothing worthwhile ever is.  Keep your mind on the prize and I wish you all the best.

I'm sure your OH will be backing you all the way, as will the rest of your friends and family.  Everyone on here will be cheering you on as well  :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 19:19 by New shoot »

AlaninCarlisle

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 19:49 »
I'm not alcoholic, I think, but I doubt I'd sleep as well as I do without the couple of large Scotch and waters before going to bed. The reason I don't think I'm alcoholic is that I never imbibe alcohol before about 10 pm and am usually in bed asleep after a quick shower by 11.45pm

snowdrops

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 20:41 »
GG how did it go today?

Growster...

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 06:32 »
Well done, GG!

First step an' all that! You'll be just fine!

MrsPea

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 07:49 »
Good luck GG, be strong and you'll be fine  :)
I Love my green house

xx
GG's going into a detox centre on Monday.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post June 22, 2020, 07:49
by MrsPea

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 54 queries.