Blueberries

• 2 Replies

Kajazy

• Experienced Member
Blueberries
« on: May 19, 2011, 08:34 »
Have I missed this year for growing blueberries? I like the idea of growing some as they're delicious and sooo expensive in the shops - but would I get any fruit this year if I bought a couple of potted plants now?

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: Blueberries
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 08:47 »
Have I missed this year for growing blueberries? I like the idea of growing some as they're delicious and sooo expensive in the shops - but would I get any fruit this year if I bought a couple of potted plants now?

Although it varies with variety most blueberries will have flowered by now, so unless yours have already set fruit in their pots you will have to wait until next year.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

JohnB47

Re: Blueberries
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 14:27 »
If you go to a garden centre that has a good selection of reasonably mature potted plants (3 year old or older in at least 3 litre pots), you'll see whether they have flowers now or (most likely) have gone past that point and have fruit just developing. Then you can decide whether to buy or not.

Mine are just finishing flowering and have lots of little berries beginning to fatten up.

xx
blueberries

Started by azubah on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 08, 2017, 16:16
by TheWhiteRabbit
xx
Blueberries

Started by Janeymiddlewife on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post July 21, 2009, 07:39
by mountainvicar
xx
blueberries

Started by ricky on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post September 22, 2014, 15:50
by JayG
xx
Blueberries?

Started by jonewer on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post August 09, 2010, 18:52
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.305 seconds with 39 queries.