Tomato Chutney

• 2 Replies

cheshirecheese

• Experienced Member
Tomato Chutney
« on: November 12, 2010, 17:43 »
Have recently made Delia's Fresh and Sundried Tomato Chutney, but decided to add some fennel seeds which I'd toasted and gently crushed.  I only added a teaspoon, but it really made a difference ... whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on your preferences I guess!  It's quite a pronounced flavour, but I do really like it, especially with strong or oily food such as curry.  As I'm not exactly flush with the readies this Christmas, I've decided to give three-packs of chutneys and pickles as gifts ... it may be time consuming, but it's the best time I've had in thirty-odd years of Christmas 'shopping'!!!

compostqueen

Re: Tomato Chutney
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 17:46 »
Folks love a good chutney and your gift will be appreciated. You could make minced pies and or sweets and biscuits and put them together to make a hamper  :)

My sister made me a lovely bag to take to my lotty for my gift and she knitted me a Fair Isle jumper for gardening in; good and long to cover my back.  Much more thought and care went into them than spending loads of money  :)

chrissie B

Re: Tomato Chutney
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 13:20 »
i would be thrilled to get some home made stuff as a pressyyou can do lots of things to make them chrissmassy .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

xx
Red tomato chutney ???

Started by Chappers on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

7 Replies
Last post October 05, 2012, 21:08
by Chappers
xx
Tomato Chutney

Started by wyandotty on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

6 Replies
Last post July 14, 2009, 21:28
by Beetroot queen
xx
Easy tomato chutney

Started by torreciren on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

3 Replies
Last post August 19, 2012, 10:46
by torreciren
thumbup
I've just made red tomato chutney

Started by matilda duck on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

14 Replies
Last post September 28, 2009, 01:46
by sclarke624

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 38 queries.