£3.99 fruit trees

• 5 Replies

ytyynycefn

• http://www.ytyynycefn.com/5.html
£3.99 fruit trees
« on: January 30, 2007, 15:28 »
In Lidl.

They also have "mini greenhouse" kits - a 7" square tray with clear lid, compost and seeds for 69p.  One type of plant per kit, herbs, flowers and some veg.  Worth it just for the seeds - I got 150 purple kohlrabi; 450 basil and 50 (I think) tomato seeds in my three kits.

hayles62

• Experienced Member
?3.99 fruit trees
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 08:11 »
Thank you for that I got a few trees but the other bits aren't in my local shop yet.

silver8

• Experienced Member
?3.99 fruit trees
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 21:10 »
Thanks Ytyynycetn. Managed to to get a granny smith apple tree and some basil and parsley mini greenhouses. Also got some long johns for £3.99. Whoever thinks that allotments are sexy would rapidly change their mind if they saw me in them though.

Allotment Angel

Fruit trees
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 12:53 »
Hi!  Finally got to Lidl this morning and bought some fruit trees.  Plan to grow them as espaliers against our garden fence (Little beggars nicked most of our brussel sprouts just before Christmas at the allotment so I don't fancy leaving them lots of apples and pears to help themselves to either!)  Question:- I bought a Granny Smith and a Bramley apple tree as the label said they would pollinate each other.  However, the labels on the two varieties of pears they had gave other varieties not available in the shop to pollinate them.  I decided to but two Comice pear trees and take my chances.  Does anyone think I'll get any pears or have I just wasted my money?  Also, how far appart do I need to plant the trees to grow as espaliers?  I was thinking 1 per 6ft panel.  Should I plant the 2 apples on one side of the garden together and the 2 pears on the otherside together or should I mix them up?  Hope you can help-Angela

muntjac

?3.99 fruit trees
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 17:01 »
dontg worry about the pears they will fruit themselves i have comice  conference and desert pears , put them 12 ft apart if you are going to espalier them .  id put the apples together  and the pears the same .remember to wrap a bandage covered in car grease around the trunks at the base after you have planted them to prevent moth and other nasties .
still alive /............

Allotment Angel

fruit trees
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 20:57 »
Thanks for the advice!

xx
fruit trees

Started by blackisgreen on Frugal Living

9 Replies
Last post November 04, 2010, 21:54
by Knight Family
xx
Fruit trees for £1.50!!!

Started by Siouxfly on Frugal Living

2 Replies
Last post July 12, 2010, 19:23
by plot6b
xx
Q D fruit trees

Started by fatcat1955 on Frugal Living

1 Replies
Last post January 24, 2011, 08:31
by lucywil
xx
£5 Fruit Trees......

Started by sarah-king on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post February 24, 2010, 09:44
by arugula

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 39 queries.