new cooker

• 34 Replies

chrissie B

new cooker
« on: July 18, 2015, 20:51 »
Looking for a new cooker
we have electeric hob and oven at the monent i want to get back to gas but will have to have the pipe work put in for that .
been looking on line and have seen a rangemaster its not a huge cooker but regular size 2 ovens one with a grill in it , its got a wok place and a gridd,e you can put over 2 of the. burners  it is a little pricy but it is nice will have to butter up hubby , already started with mini pineapple upside down puds .
any suggestions on cookers has anyone got one of these ?
 Chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

grinling

Re: new cooker
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 22:29 »
I found the ovens were too small for some of my bakeware.

Find out how much mains gas will cost or would you go for LPG instead?

I updated to an induction hob and a slide and hide oven.

ARPoet

• Experienced Member
  • I love growing and eating beans
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 11:09 »
after forgetting to turn the gas off several times i went onto an induction hob and seperate double oven. I would never go back to gas. The hob is oh so easy to control and overall my bills have stayed the same.
Roger.

Its Grand Being Daft

jaydig

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 14:37 »
Looking for a new cooker
we have electeric hob and oven at the monent i want to get back to gas but will have to have the pipe work put in for that .
been looking on line and have seen a rangemaster its not a huge cooker but regular size 2 ovens one with a grill in it , its got a wok place and a gridd,e you can put over 2 of the. burners  it is a little pricy but it is nice will have to butter up hubby , already started with mini pineapple upside down puds .
any suggestions on cookers has anyone got one of these ?
 Chrissie b

I have a Rangemaster cooker, and it's the best one I've ever had. They are more expensive than most, but the quality is great. Mine has two ovens, one with fan and one without, with a seperate grill above the left-hand side one, four burners - one large, two medium and one small, plus a wok burner, with a keep warm section on the far right hand side. It has a built in timer, and an automatic cooking facility. It is easy to clean, and comes with a brochure of all the available spare parts that can be ordered if necessary.
The hob is gas, and the ovens are electric, so if we ever have a power cut I can still produce a meal!

The delivery service was superb, arriving at the time specified, and taking great care to ensure the cooker was perfect before the delivery men left. Rangemaster is made by the Aga company, and the quality and service reflect that.  I saved up for mine, and I'm glad I waited and had what I wanted - well, an Aga would have been lovely, but I have to be realistic!

chrissie B

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 21:34 »
The one we have seen is not the huge ones its a regular sizee gas only but withe the features of the largef cookers wok burner and a griddle 2x ovens one with grill slow cooking , i want my gas back and these look very nice , off to currys to have a look in person , werenot getting it yet as we have family visiting next month and theres tiling and the gas to reinstate , nothing is ever simple in our house ha ha .
Chrissie b

compostqueen

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 23:36 »
There are two Rangemasters, one Aga and the other is Leisure. The Aga one is the real deal.  I have one and I love it!!!!! I had a Smeg before that and it was total kerapp!  A nightmare. Don't buy one!

I have had my Rangemaster for years.  It gets used a lot!!!  I've got the Excel 110 in black. Two big ovens, one warming oven (you can keep stuff hot in it or cook things like rice pudding in it) Separate grill but there is another grill in the main oven, griddle, underneath the griddle is a double halogen hob, and then six burners, one of which is a wok burner.  Bakes beautifully  :)

http://www.rangemaster.co.uk/range-cooking/range-cookers/excel/excel-110-dual-fuel

chrissie B

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 08:58 »
Mine is regu.ar size for the smaller kitchen its ordered but have to wait till august for it to come ,, this is going to be frustraiting hate waiting for stuff .
chrissie b

grinling

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 12:31 »
good luck with it.

compostqueen

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 12:51 »
Which one did you order?    Mine came really quick so no waiting for long! 

If you do get the ARM don't clean the front fascia with anything other than hot soapy water.  It says that on the blurb but some folks get busy with the powerful stuff and end up rubbing away the lettering on the front.  No danger of me overdoing the cleaning  :lol:

chrissie B

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 15:33 »
Mine is the all gas crome fittings called kitchener 60 its regular size for not so large kitchens its black 2x ovens one small with grill and the normal one i just want to get me hands on the griddle , carnt do that on and electric hob .
rangemaster phoned yesterday and asked if we were happy with the delivery date which was 17 august i said yes but said i would be happier if earlier so moved it forward to the 3rd august smashing as hubby started taking off the the tiles and cracke me hob on the corner , well  muddle through

compostqueen

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 09:12 »
Wooohooo! I bet you can't wait. The griddle is good! Lots of smoke though so I hope you have a strong extract fan.  It does mark very easily and you can't clean it with harsh abrasives or wire wool etc, only nylon scourer and hot soapy water. Mine doesn't have a cover. I was thinking of getting a new one and just using that for show but they're too hear  :D  I sound like Hyacinth Bouquet  :nowink:

Auntiemogs

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 11:53 »
Which one did you order?    Mine came really quick so no waiting for long! 
If you do get the ARM don't clean the front fascia with anything other than hot soapy water.  It says that on the blurb but some folks get busy with the powerful stuff and end up rubbing away the lettering on the front.  No danger of me overdoing the cleaning  :lol:
Happens if you use DW40 to polish up the front of your stainless Rangemaster too... ::) :lol:

The excellent thing is that you can buy replacement parts for many years.  :)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

chrissie B

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 16:57 »
Yes i thought that a out the parts , i carnt wait started on tiles today , lad coming a
end of month to fit the gas pipes hubby to put in socket at back of cooker , you wouldnt credit how much has to be done just to get a new cooker .
chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 21:40 »
Woulx you believe that you have to buy the gas pipe and fittings for our new cooker as if it didnt cost enough in the first place .
chrissie b

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 22:01 »
I had to buy them for my Stoves cooker, so presume it's common to pay the extra  ;)

xx
Pressure cooker or slow cooker

Started by GraciesGran on Kitchen Natter

20 Replies
Last post March 02, 2022, 08:52
by Lardman
xx
new look pressure cooker

Started by chrissie B on Kitchen Natter

13 Replies
Last post July 04, 2015, 23:00
by Annen
sad
Slow cooker pot glaze

Started by Lardman on Kitchen Natter

4 Replies
Last post April 16, 2016, 21:53
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Prolex slow cooker any good?

Started by Madame Cholet on Kitchen Natter

20 Replies
Last post June 18, 2014, 21:24
by chrissie B

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 35 queries.