Have I got everything I need

• 19 Replies

jack russell

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 22:03 »
hi

been to collect some foreign finch seed today from the local merchant and he had a green bag of layers not sure of maker/supplier but they were £3.25 bag they looked to be 20kg but not positive.

cheers

jr
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/CIMG1386.jpg[/img]http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q230/jack-russell_2007/roostertop-1.jpg[/img]

not organic    but still a nice bloke

Barry J Scott

• Beef to Leaf
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 13:16 »
Thanks for all the advice everyone.  The run is probably going to be done next Sunday and then I am ready for the hens.  At the moment most suppliers do not seem to have any POL pullets till the end of February so I may have to try and be patient.  The one that does have some is a bit of a way away so delivery is £50.  They do not normally deliver but they were kind enough to offer to help me.

I have sprayed the house with disinfectant and once it dried put in some DIATOM and louse powder (the house has had chickens in as it was a demo model).

As I go on I will update the chicken area of my blog with information and events.
Baz

muntjac

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 13:31 »
you wanna wait till they become more available , your being robbed if they are charging you £50 for a few birds . look in the area for someone who has chickens and buy thiers . £4  a bird is more than enough . they are now charging stupid money becasue they have seen the " newbies " getting into the grow your own thing , buy them as young 10 weeks old  or even younger to about 6 weeks is fine you just buy crumb  and have the enjoyment of seeing them come on ,,,, i repeat do not pander to greed .be patiant i sell my birds for that kind of money ,even my true stock are only  £5 a bird
still alive /............

Barry J Scott

• Beef to Leaf
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 13:38 »
OK, I'll have a bit more of a look around.  I am after some variation in colour so was looking for maybe 3 calder rangers (or something red), 2 block rocks/bovans nera and a speckledy.  6 in total will do me.

Also in the furutre I may add a Buff Orpington as someone my dad knows wants to breed his.

muntjac

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 13:42 »
it would do no harm to check out auctions as well  :wink:

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 34 queries.