growing potatoes in....

• 19 Replies

Sally A

growing potatoes in....
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 21:48 »
What would the garages have had delivered in them Munty? I spend most of me days round garages, and I've never seen any being slung out.  But could be worth an ask.

muntjac

growing potatoes in....
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 21:59 »
they use gallons of oil ...cut top off ,turn upside down save fresh oil for machinery or oiling tools etc leave a couple days the longer they left the more they drain   :wink: then  just use washing up liquid to clean them out and then drill a few holes in bottoms n ur away ..
still alive /............

splodger

growing potatoes in....
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 22:15 »
my Christmas spuds are in tyres - and it works very well - no reason why you couldn't use them nathan

garages have to pay to have them taken away - so they are more than pleased for some mug to go scrounging them -

i go 2 two up - filled with soil, muck, compost etc

plant tubers - when haulms appear and grow - just keep adding tyres and soil - as in normal earthing up  :wink:

blackhobbescat

• Experienced Member
growing potatoes in....
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 06:59 »
This year I used some old compost bags.  Rolled down the sides a bit, and then as the shoots came up added more soil and rolled the sides up as you go.  Worked really well (apart from me starting it all off too early!)

Real easy to harvest them all, just slit down the side of the bag, or even up end the lot!
On the very steep learning curve of organic veg growing!!!!

new_2_veg

growing potatoes in....
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 11:01 »
Quote from: "splodger"
my Christmas spuds are in tyres - and it works very well - no reason why you couldn't use them nathan

garages have to pay to have them taken away - so they are more than pleased for some mug to go scrounging them -

i go 2 two up - filled with soil, muck, compost etc

plant tubers - when haulms appear and grow - just keep adding tyres and soil - as in normal earthing up  :wink:

the only reason i didnt want to realy use tyres is that if i get a allotment over winter i would have plenty of room without having to use tyres etc, so if i got them ready for next year and then got a plot i would be stuck with the tyres as they are hard to get rid of round hre
2 allotments, long standing back problem, am i mad?

xx
Potatoes Re-growing

Started by Ginfiz on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post May 25, 2013, 15:16
by Ginfiz
question
Growing potatoes

Started by fruitandnut on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post May 02, 2011, 22:58
by solway cropper
xx
Growing potatoes

Started by logi06 on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post October 11, 2017, 18:09
by Yorkie
xx
growing potatoes

Started by Dawsoctor on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post January 14, 2013, 11:06
by savbo

Page created in 0.603 seconds with 38 queries.