Semi feral cats...

• 3 Replies

Casey76

Semi feral cats...
« on: June 17, 2010, 10:51 »
After a few months of playing nicey-nicey, the half grown, semi feral kitten was found fast asleep on my kitchen chair this morning, he had obviously come in sometime during the night as he was dry (and it has been raining for almost 24hour solid here  >:( ).

As far as I am aware he is a semi-feral, possibly "living" in the farm buildings over the road, but he is very thin (though his eyes are clear - after the probs I had for FHV with my kits, it's one of the first things I look for in kittens/cats now!)

Should I put up any notices, do you think, before I take him to the vet? He'll need a proper check over, and vaccinating as well as castrating.  he has been round about my house and garden for a few months now, and I haven't seen any "lost" posters.  But after the last debacle, I really want to avoid getting my heart broken again!

madcat

Re: Semi feral cats...
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 11:54 »
The way things work in Alsace is probably different to England (or Wales or Scotland ....owww!   :D  ).  Is the way lost notices on trees, or a card in the tabac or .....   Is there someone 'in the know' who you can consult on these things?
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 13:23 »
Have just had this problem here. Vinnie the un-neutered tomcat kept coming for feeds at Phil's house. No collar and underweight so I took him to the vets and as no chip had him castrated, wormed and vaccinated by Cats Protection and then put a collar round his neck and wrote on it "If this is your cat please phone me". Turned out the little terror had about 4 homes!!!! All where happy he had been done and vaccinated though and they were also happy for him to become Phil's cat, although he still goes to all the houses for his supper! I think the worming and castration did him the world of good as he has put on weight and his coat is so much better.

So, perhaps a collar round his neck if you can grab him to do it to ask if anyone owns him (we took Vinnie's off once we knew as I'm not keen on semi-feral cats wearing collars after Martha got caught up in her one). A few posters and if no phone call I'd be claiming him as mine!  :)

Casey76

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 13:36 »
Oh, no problems catching him.  He comes running to call and loves head scratches. 

I can even pick him up to cuddle him - which is more than I can say for my own Domino-puss!

xx
Feral cats and the council

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post October 28, 2010, 20:03
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
My little feral man is missing :(

Started by Caralou on Pets without Feathers

24 Replies
Last post January 01, 2010, 17:25
by sunshineband
xx
Ferocious Feral!

Started by Caralou on Pets without Feathers

29 Replies
Last post March 05, 2010, 21:40
by Caralou
xx
cats one rule for dogs one for cats

Started by traacyken on Pets without Feathers

60 Replies
Last post April 05, 2014, 22:25
by mumofstig

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 36 queries.