Lambing live, Who watched it????

• 5 Replies

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
Lambing live, Who watched it????
« on: March 12, 2010, 14:50 »
Oh my, what a fab programme, all those babies being born, went up to check my ewe's yesterday, and we had a set a triplets up there, mum had already decided she didn't want the smallest one, so guess who's feeding that???? Yup me!!!!!!!!! i had no ewe to adopt it, so he is in the warm with us at the moment, not sure i like these early morning feeds tho!
Dont count ya chickens till they hatch!!!!!

Mosslane

• andjakemakes3
Re: Lambing live, Who watched it????
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 15:05 »
Loved it. I used to work in farming and  had to bottle feed lambs and it always makes me go all soppy when I see them.
The reward of a thing well done is to have done it....

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 15:36 »
Saw most of them. Just got me in the mood for all the lambing about to start in the fields all around me here. :)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

Epona_4

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 15:39 »
its fab isnt it? our shepherds even been watching it! and the farm just now looks and sounds like lambing live!  :D

Hayley'sHens

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 16:21 »
Oh my, what a fab programme, all those babies being born, went up to check my ewe's yesterday, and we had a set a triplets up there, mum had already decided she didn't want the smallest one, so guess who's feeding that???? Yup me!!!!!!!!! i had no ewe to adopt it, so he is in the warm with us at the moment, not sure i like these early morning feeds tho!

Aww how sweet. Am jealous, Dont think my neighbours would take too kindly to me having sheep / lambs in the back garden. Would love to live / work on a farm  ;)

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 18:27 »
Watched most of it, took me back to when I did a season lambing years ago. We had 600 breeding ewes and 47 lambs to rear....not all survived though. Ended up sending my favourites off to a vicar to put in his orchard to get them away. Our barn wasn't as nice as theirs though....corrugated iron and very draughty, except for the hand reared lambs, they had a nice stone barn.

xx
How long can they live alone???????

Started by min200 on Pets without Feathers

9 Replies
Last post June 25, 2012, 15:42
by azubah

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 35 queries.