raeburg

Re: Ferocious Feral!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 12:05 »
such a cute little boy

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 17:37 »
Such a cutie!
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 23:03 »
I'm feeling ever so guilty at the moment  :( Today I decided that as the little man has come along so well I would let him have more than just the spare room to play in and unlocked his crate and left him to come out and play (normally I bring him out when I'm around to keep an eye on him).

Spike went under the bookcase and wouldnt come back out! I was talking to him and he purred away but still wouldnt come out to me or the other cats and in the end I had to pull him out and after cuddles I popped him back into the kitten crate in the sapre room. I have to handle him lots at the moment and if I let him hide he will become very difficult to fully tame (I've made that mistake before).

I do now feel very guilty though as he is sat in the crate chirruping at the other cats who are playing - but as soon as I open the crate for him to play he hides again so I'm having to keep him in there  ::) I know my cats are now being fine with him, and Shia has become protective so it is just a case that he is still skitty. It feels a bit two steps forward and one step back at the moment, but he is a wonderful little man  :wub:

too many girls

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2010, 00:13 »
Damien Bugsy and Sarah were ferral kittens, it took us 3 days to catch them they were so wild, the first time we let Damien out she squeezed herself behind the piano and hid there for 2 days (we thought she had got out of the house and had stopped looking for her inside) even then we had to move the piano to get her out :) she'd still be there now if we hadn't.

madcat

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2010, 10:04 »
We gave our rescue kittens (not ferals) the run of the living room when they arrived, having tidied away the dangers and worst hiding places - the resident cat was only interested in the kitchen and bedroom.  One went straight up the chimney ... and took up station on the sooty ledge deep in the depths.  It's absolutely great for building trust when you have to fish them out and shower them clean - not.  So not.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Parsnip

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2010, 11:17 »
We gave our rescue kittens (not ferals) the run of the living room when they arrived, having tidied away the dangers and worst hiding places - the resident cat was only interested in the kitchen and bedroom.  One went straight up the chimney ... and took up station on the sooty ledge deep in the depths.  It's absolutely great for building trust when you have to fish them out and shower them clean - not.  So not.

:lol: :lol:

madcat

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 11:59 »
We've had to shower all of our cats once .....  thankfully only once each.  They have all been rescues so there have been moments. ::)

The first, with lovely very long white fur, we discovered was a dab paw at climbing ladders when she shot up into the loft.  Old fibre glass insulation tangled in that fur ...  :(  The second had been sitting under a leaking car petrol tank - swafegar for that one.  The third came home stinking to high heaven; the fourth went up the chimney and the fifth - also white - came home literally coated in cow smelling mud from paws to half way up her tummy.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 12:04 »
 :lol: ::) Daft cats! I remember washing one of mum and dad's cats that was covered in motor oil - she was an expert backflipper and it was a bl$%Ły nightmare. Thankfully here it seems to be the chooks that need washing and not the cats which involves a lot less injuries to me  :lol:

This morning Spike is being very cuddly and wanting to come out so I will try again - and then probably fish him out from under the bookcase at teatime  ::) I'm glad I dont have an open chimney for him to hide up though!

raeburg

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2010, 20:51 »
I washed Ollie last week as he has forgotten how to do it himself.  The white fur was decidedly yellow.  Only one minor scratch and a much cleaner cat :)

madcat

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2010, 09:59 »
I've only had one boy cat, and he was definitely one of the lick and promise brigade.   Fortunately the girl cats used to tell him off so he never got tooo wiffy.   ::)

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2010, 16:02 »
I'm sure it will come as no surprise to most of you that know me that I am keeping little Spike  :blush:

For the past week or so since his little op he has been using the cat flap and playing outside with all of the others and he has come along amazingly with me for being handled (although he still doesn't like other people and especially not men!). When I'm working he jumps up and either sleeps across my shoulders or across my arms which makes it hard to type but is very lovely as he is now a total purr monster :wub: I've been trying to get some more photos of him but like all kittens he doesn't stay still for more than two seconds - except when lying on my arms which makes it hard to get a photo  ::)

I really have to stop keeping these fosters as yesterday I looked outside into next door's garden and saw 5 of mine playing together and the old lady looked totally confused as to where all these cats were coming from as two other neighbourhood cats came and joined in  :lol: I also keep finding the same two cats in the house sleeping or eating which makes me look like even more of a mad cat lady than I actually am as my cats seem to have accepted them as part of the gang :tongue2:

janet12000

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 17:17 »
What are you like Cara!!!  :lol:
How many is that now? x

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 19:00 »
5 house cats and 2 ferals (although both live in the house now, but it sounds better if I still claim they are outdoor ferals  :tongue2: ). Arwen, Shia, Caesar, Niblet & Spike and Martha & Rufus. Plus the two house bunnies Violet & Lily and the all the chooks, ducks & quail ::)

janet12000

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 19:17 »
Did I miss something? What happened to Evie?

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2010, 21:40 »
Evie doesn't get on with other cats :( She is going to have to go as an only cat. Phil is still trying to integrate with his but it just isn't working sadly. So, if anyone who doesn't have cats has a loving home for a wonderful and affectionate tabby monster let me know. We think she may be fine with a kitten so are going to try her with another rescue kit to see if they can go as a pair. The problem is she is so boisterous she scares other adult cats even though she is just playing they think she is attacking  ::)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 22:28 by Caralou »

xx
My little feral man is missing :(

Started by Caralou on Pets without Feathers

24 Replies
Last post January 01, 2010, 17:25
by sunshineband
xx
Semi feral cats...

Started by Casey76 on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post June 17, 2010, 13:36
by Casey76
xx
Feral cats and the council

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post October 28, 2010, 20:03
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
"Feral" kittens

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

25 Replies
Last post January 16, 2013, 19:37
by madcat

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 40 queries.