My little feral man is missing :(

• 24 Replies

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
My little feral man is missing :(
« on: December 29, 2009, 14:14 »
Got back home on Sunday and havent seen Rufus since getting back. He was last seen on Saturday morning breakfast. Although still semi-feral he's in for food everyday and cuddles up with the other cats so I'm getting worried. Unfortunately he doesnt have a collar or chip yet as he was due his boosters next week when I was going to have him chipped. Turns out two doors up have been feeding him as well for the past six months - as well as Martha who is getting very fat as a result, but on tellng the lady he was missing and her mentioning she was feeding them she also told me her husband had died on Sunday (puts a missing cat in perspective - but bless her she then came out with cat food to try to call him which I then felt so guilty about  :( ). Rufus really liked playing in with Mick in the garden and it just seems even stranger that he has disappeared the same day Mick sadly passed away.

Sorry all a bit rambling but upset here  :( xxx

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: My little feral man is missing :(
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 14:16 »
Cara, hope he's ok, keep us posted. It's horrid when a pet wanders off, huge hugs from here xxx
Staffies are softer than you think.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 14:50 »
Sorry to hear that - hope he turns up safe soon 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 14:53 by Yorkie »
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 14:51 »
It's not sounding good news as on Sunday a black and white boy was spliced on the railway track near to where I live. I hope it wasnt him, but sadly the likelihood is it was my little man  :(
WPM$4D7B.jpg

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 14:53 »
 :( :( :(

joyfull

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 15:00 »
 :( :( hugs xxx

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 15:04 »
Well, this is about typical for my cats - I'm sat here crying thinking the worse and in he strolls and pounces on my foot with not a care in the world!!!! Sadly it still means someone else has lost their beloved pet so it is good news for me and the feral terror but not fpr someone else  :( It has however kicked me into getting the chipping done on the two ferals, Martha is being chipped tomorrow and I'm getting Rufus next week (I need to borrow a feral trap as I cant get him in an ordinary basket!). I'm so relieved, but also obviously still sad about my neighbour and whoevers cat it was.

joyfull

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 15:06 »
Oh Cara I am so pleased for you, and also his safe return may be of comfort for your neighbour as well. Sad about the other little boy though  :(.

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 15:11 »
Just what I was thinking Joy, I imagine it would have been another little blow when she really doesnt need it if it had been him (I had decided not to tell her even if it was him and to say he had probably wandered off). I had wondered why they were both so podgy (the cats, not my neighbours), but they eat biscuits here and canned food there, plus Mick used to put out tuna and chicken for them - the most spoiled semi-ferals ever!!! I'm going to try to put a collar on Martha tonight - I may not be on here for a while with all the bandages my hands may need  ;)

Foxy

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 15:21 »
You poor thing! what an emotional time you've had. Your poor neighbour I hope she is OK, how very,very sad for her :( :(

Poolfield2

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 16:44 »
Cara, so glad your boy turned up but sad about the other black and white puss and of course your neighbour.

If you are putting a collar on a ferral, do you have a protective face mask. I would lend you the visor for the chain saw if we lived nearer :D

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 16:50 »
I have decided the vet can put it on her tomorrow as she is in at 10:30 for her chip  :tongue2: I'm just dreading boxing her up to take her  ??? Poor Rufus isnt himself, he's skitty normally, but really skitty this afternoon so sopmething has scared him, but at least he is home now. I realised that in my Rufus panic I never even asked when the funeral was for Mick and feel so guilty worrying Pauline about a cat at a time like this  :(

janet12000

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 16:51 »
Oh what awful news for your neighbour, and rip other little black and white puss.  :(

Welcome home Rufus.

xxxx

Rubellite

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 17:51 »
So glad it wasn't your little chap, Cara. Your heart must have been in your mouth  :(

karlooben

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 18:21 »
what a time u have had , maybe your cat got attached to this guy and he just needed to greive in his own way .
am glad hes safe an sound now and for your neighbours lose is so horrible  :(.

as for getting him in the basket hold him an place a flannel or something light over his face while u get  him in the basket he wont be able to see and it mite work out easier for you , i worked in kennels once an we had cats that had to have the pole treatment { same as dogs but cat size } and they were evil evil cats i will handle any animal but even these cats freaked even me  a bit  :tongue2: i know its a size difference but they do hurt  , when you have dealt with pitbulls that are well dare i say beyond evil u can deal with anything .
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

xx
Ferocious Feral!

Started by Caralou on Pets without Feathers

29 Replies
Last post March 05, 2010, 21:40
by Caralou
xx
Semi feral cats...

Started by Casey76 on Pets without Feathers

3 Replies
Last post June 17, 2010, 13:36
by Casey76
xx
Feral cats and the council

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

8 Replies
Last post October 28, 2010, 20:03
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
Our big kitten Miki went missing

Started by Oliveview on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post December 07, 2011, 10:31
by spottymint

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 33 queries.