Ryobi Expand-It Apr 04 Pruner Attachment

• 1 Replies

Fluff

• Experienced Member
Ryobi Expand-It Apr 04 Pruner Attachment
« on: May 26, 2010, 22:56 »
Hi everyone

Have a ryobi expandit strimmer /hedge trimmer which I am very pleased with.

However I have a major hedge to return to manageble size so have been looking at purchasing one of these. Ryobi Expand-It Apr 04 Pruner Attachment

Whilst researching i came across Ryobi Expand-it APR-03 Pruner Attachment .  The only difference i can see is the date and price .   My ryobi is I think only two years old ie 08 can i use either as do all expandits fit the base unit.

Also has any one used them ,are they a bit fierce  like a standard chain saw or something inbetween chainsaw and hedge trimmer.

Regards Fluff

NOT ARF !

hillfooter

Re: Ryobi Expand-It Apr 04 Pruner Attachment
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 04:27 »
You could ask a Ryobi dealer about compatibility but I would expect them to be compatable.

I've not used the pruner but I have a trimmer attachment and my only comment would be using the trimmer, they are quite tiring to use as they are fairly unbalenced and heavy though the long reach can be useful at times. They are however rather unweildy and more difficult to control than purpose built ones and for normal use I prefer a standard purpose built hedge trimmer. I just use the expand it for hard to reach straggley bits.

Generally the expand it idea sounds great but the attachments I've tried other than the strimmers and brush cutters, which are Ok, are a bit of a compromise and particularly the lawn edger which is a waste of time as it's so difficult to control unless your lawn edge is almost perfect anyway.  It makes a real mess if you try to be too aggressive with it and the old fashioned lawn edging tool is quicker, does a much better job and is less tiring to use.  I have had a similar though worse experience with a Black & Decker combi drill, driver, with fret saw and orbital sander attachments.  It was a very poor performer at all tasks except the driver but then the wimpy batteries let it down.  It's just gone in the skip hardly used after sitting in my toolbox for years.
HF
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:50 by hillfooter »
Truth through science.

xx
Ryobi Expand-It pole pruner

Started by pairofacres on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post April 24, 2010, 06:49
by Rangerkris
xx
Ryobi expand it pole saw

Started by Salmo on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post August 21, 2018, 11:26
by Salmo
xx
Ryobi expand-it problems

Started by Janeymiddlewife on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post December 08, 2008, 17:29
by Janeymiddlewife
xx
Ryobi Pole-pruner oil reservoir

Started by tompokat on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post July 25, 2012, 09:40
by tompokat

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 35 queries.