Ryobi strimmer and attachment

• 6 Replies

Rangerkris

• My pic's
Ryobi strimmer and attachment
« on: May 20, 2009, 06:08 »
My Dad has had a change of heart and been and got a Ryobi 2 stroke strimmer with cultivator attachment,  I must say its a great little peice of kit not to sure on how long it will last :wub: im only used to sthil machine's.
I find it takes a long time to get warmed up and get the most form the engine when its warm the strimmer is a great peice of kit and the cultivator left a great tilth on the soil that i have tried it on so far.   
It also has a push button start that come's in very hand after it has been run on the pull start for the first time in the day.  Its come's apart half way along the shaft to changing the attachments and makes it easy to transpost from place to place.

Anyone else use Ryobi tool's im not a convert for every day use, but then i know that there not every day use tool's let me know what experience you have had of Ryobi tools good or bad.

Thanks
Kris

Gwiz

Re: Ryobi strimmer and attachment
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:40 »
I've got one of the ryobi tillers. I use mine about four times a year and can't fault it.
Maybe slightly lower quality than a mantis, but still a great little machine. 7/10. :)

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 15:59 »
I have been using this today and its great to give a nice finish off on my beds.  Will be using quite a lot more im guessing. 

Lardman

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 23:08 »
I've got the ryobi expandit strimmer / hedge trimmer (RTL30CES). 

I was impressed when I first bought it but after a year of use I have nothing but swear words for it.

Its a pig to start, poorly balanced, and the handles are falling off already. I spend more time pulling the starter cord than I do using it. It cuts grass well enough but complains at anything thicker. The hedge trimmer struggles on stuff my old black and deck electric trimmers cuts without issue, its heavy and unwieldy even for me.

I don't have anything to compare it with but I expected better. Wish Id have spent my money elsewhere.  :(

oldbean

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 06:08 »

I was impressed when I first bought it but after a year of use I have nothing but swear words for it.

Its a pig to start, poorly balanced, and the handles are falling off already. I spend more time pulling the starter cord than I do using it. It cuts grass well enough but complains at anything thicker. The hedge trimmer struggles on stuff my old black and deck electric trimmers cuts without issue, its heavy and unwieldy even for me.

I don't have anything to compare it with but I expected better. Wish Id have spent my money elsewhere.  :(

These will stop you swearing, always ready, well balanced, handles don't fall off. Also videos
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 06:15 by oldbean »

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 06:30 »

Is this beacuse you should be using a sthil, these are only garden machines and maybe a little maintence would sort out the starting problem.  plug, rubbish in fuel and filter clean might help out. 

chooknewbie

• Experienced Member
  • ooo i make a good lookin Zombie...
    • Fanciful Faces
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 07:47 »
i had a ryobi brush cutter, and we had nothing but problems from the start. It was awful to start, took an age to do anything...and then, died... we had had it for less than 3 months...it just would not keep running.... the motor would start (eventually) via the pull cord, but within a few seconds of pulling on the accelerator (?..you know what i mean) it would stall.... checked the plugs, all clean, checked the air thingy, all clear... ended up taking it back.... even tried to contact Ryobi, and kept getting cut off before talking to anyone so customer services not great either....  >:(

xx
I have just invested in a Ryobi strimmer/tiller attachment

Started by Shallot on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post February 05, 2014, 08:26
by bravemurphy
xx
Ryobi Expand-It Apr 04 Pruner Attachment

Started by Fluff on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post May 27, 2010, 04:27
by hillfooter
xx
Ryobi Strimmer

Started by radiohead on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 29, 2012, 17:38
by radiohead
xx
Ryobi strimmer, help needed?

Started by Belgarion on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post September 04, 2011, 18:34
by arugula

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 35 queries.