Soup maker

• 35 Replies

symonep

• Experienced Member
Re: Soup maker
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 12:35 »
I just don't see the point of a soup maker.  Surely you make soup in a pan. Why do you need a machine to heat up a liquid?  Unless of course you don't have a cooker  :D

I have a huge stockpot i used to make soup in which when cooked i had to transfer by jug to the liquidiser and then back to the sausepan as the liqidiser could only blend so much in one go, it was more trouble that it was worth, now in my £38 quid soup maker i throw everything in, press the button and return when it bleeps to find my soup ready to eat. Now if i had a stick blender it would be a different story!
Gained an allotment on the 19th June 08, 135ft by 40ft! eekk. Finally after 4 years it is looking like an allotment and not a jungle

We have 5 lovely hens in the garden, fish, 2 dogs and 2 canaries

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 13:16 »
I agree about the liquidiser!  There is only so much you can put in there.  I can't used my stockpot at the moment as it is aluminium and my hob is induction, but If I have a lot of soup to do, I cook it in the pressure cooker base and blitz with my stick blender.

But I can see that just sticking everything in the soup maker, switching it on and forgetting about it is very attractive!   :)

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 17:03 »
I usually blitz half of my soup in my liquidiser (I like my soups chunky) but after reading this thread today I went out and bought a tesco hand held stick blender (the £8 version which has a slightly bigger motor than the £5 version) and after getting it out the box the instructions say to only use it for 1 minute and leave it to rest for 10 mins and not to use it with hot liquids  :ohmy: I think I will stick with my KitchenAid liquidiser in future.
Staffies are softer than you think.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 20:25 »
The instructions I had said to use it for no more than a minute at a time, but I certainly don't wait for 10 minutes in between, and I've had this blender for over a year now.

But I do let the soup cool a bit as I melted my last stick blender by trying to blend the soup too hot!   :lol: :lol:

symonep

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 20:41 »
But I do let the soup cool a bit as I melted my last stick blender by trying to blend the soup too hot!   :lol: :lol:

:blink: :lol:

Auntiemogs

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 21:52 »
I was a bit 'iffy' about buying one of these as it does seem a bit of a gimmick but I really can't manage my large pans anymore (or the washing up that goes with them).
My cunning plan is to chuck in the stock etc the night before with a load of frozen veg (not too good at chopping these days), stick it on the next day and see what happens.
Worth a try and I'll report back!  :tongue2:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

xx
Soup maker

Started by Steveharford on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

8 Replies
Last post October 23, 2013, 20:07
by Steveharford
xx
Ninja soup maker.

Started by Goosegirl on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

5 Replies
Last post September 06, 2023, 08:50
by Goosegirl
xx
Jam maker

Started by Poolfield2 on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

20 Replies
Last post July 06, 2009, 20:00
by Spacey
xx
smoothie maker

Started by flowergirl on Cooking, Storing and Preserving

2 Replies
Last post February 24, 2008, 19:28
by kaz

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 36 queries.