Greenhouse shelving

• 9 Replies

andyw

• Experienced Member
Greenhouse shelving
« on: February 13, 2012, 19:04 »
Can anyone recomend a supplier for greenhouse shelving.  Not really sure how much i should be spending.

SnooziSuzi

• Facebook
Re: Greenhouse shelving
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 19:06 »
As little as possible!

You can spend a fortune on some types, but I find that going to the garden centre / freecycle is best and getting those little plastic 'greenhouses' that they sell is best and getting rid of the plastic cover and using the frames in your GH.  Not as deep as normal staging, but they often let in more light to the shelves below because they're basically wire shelves.

Shame you didn't live nearer to me cos I've got some I could do with getting rid of! :lol:

andyw

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 23:48 »
Excellent I will check this out.  I do have about four small palets in there which I was going to throw out, but someon said just gets some wood and make some legs!

As little as possible!

You can spend a fortune on some types, but I find that going to the garden centre / freecycle is best and getting those little plastic 'greenhouses' that they sell is best and getting rid of the plastic cover and using the frames in your GH.  Not as deep as normal staging, but they often let in more light to the shelves below because they're basically wire shelves.

Shame you didn't live nearer to me cos I've got some I could do with getting rid of! :lol:

Pete C

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 20:08 »
Pete C

wistow-wizard

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 12:20 »
I have aluminium and the Wilko style units. I like the plastic for the price.
I got my plastic staging from these folk - My aluminium came from a garden centre and was expensive. They press you when you buy the greenhouse.

Modified to remove ad
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 12:37 by Ice »

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 12:52 »
I like these, they are very sturdy  :)
http://www.norfolk-greenhouses.co.uk/shop/shop-infopage.php?longref=150~0

I used some pallet wood to make a wooden top, but you could just leave the seed trays in place.
There are several sizes on their website :)

mattwragg94

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 14:54 »
ive been looking at those too (on ebay) they have both metal and wooden versions on there - i dont know if thats any use to you MOS?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 15:01 »
I've had mine for 3 years now matt, but would buy the Norfolk ones again if I needed more ;)

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 15:28 »
Because my greenhouse is on solid concrete, and because I had a dozen concrete building blocks I didn't need (I bought them to build the greenhouse base but I had to use bricks instead), I made my own shelving.

Cemented the blocks vertically in position at both ends and in the middle of one side of the greenhouse, then screwed battens to them at different heights to permit various shelf combinations - the shelves themselves were made from "value" decking timber from B&Q (gaps in between the slats to allow air to circulate and water to drain away).

OK, a bit OTT but will still be standing if the greenhouse collapses around them, and a total cost of about £25.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

compostqueen

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 15:35 »
I got a pack of two from Argos. Cheap as chips and they all can be taken down and stored when not in use

I also use my four tier growhouse (Wilko) in the greenhouse as extra shelving and they are cheap too.

One of the shelves in my greenhouse, which I made myself  :D is just a plank of wood suspended on a ledge of aluminium.  I painted it green to make it look good  :wacko:

xx
greenhouse shelving

Started by dave on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 14, 2006, 09:38
by John
xx
Greenhouse heater & shelving

Started by Remy on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post December 30, 2010, 22:35
by JayG
xx
Anyone got a 2ft deep lean- to Greenhouse and can advise on staging/shelving?

Started by PennyS on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post March 02, 2010, 22:39
by PennyS
xx
Broder Heavy Duty Shelving from Ikea

Started by Jaye on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post January 04, 2008, 13:17
by sweet nasturtium

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 40 queries.