Howard Bantam, Villiers mk 15hs

• 8 Replies

kakerz

Howard Bantam, Villiers mk 15hs
« on: April 01, 2009, 22:12 »
Hi all, new user! Very good site, can anyone help me sort out my old villiers? i am not sure how to get the flywheel off. it is a mk15hs. I feel ashamed as i am a Honda lawn and garden apprentice! if anyone could help i would be most greatful!
  Any help needed on Honda engines and i can help there.
Thanks all!
KAks

Gwiz

Re: Howard Bantam, Villiers mk 15hs
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 16:50 »
I'd love to help you out, but I just can't remember for sure.
I think it's a tapered shaft, like a honda, I seem to remember working on a villiers that didn't have a keyway, so you had to make some timing marks up before attempting to remove the flywheel I'm sure one of our "bantam" owners might know for sure though.

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 21:34 »
if it is a tapered shaft tap it with a ball pein (ringing) and it will pop off. I think its a parallel shaft, which will be heat and pullers to remove. A soaking with plus gas will help. all double dutch to a modern apprentice. I am not sure where you would get plus gas now, but paraffin would do.
When you tap the fly wheel it will ring.  A firm blow from the hammer will be needed. Not a huge swing.
always have a target
and an objective.

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 17:54 »

I think quite a large proportion of Villiers industrial engines had flywheels on a tapered crank..without key.  I think there were a couple of later exceptions to this..F15??..

Those I have come across without a key had a flywheel nut that had a ring fixing it to the flywheel such that it acted as a pull as it undid.

I do not know if this applies to the type you ask after...

But the idea can be read about on some info on the Winget Mixer pages that refers to Mk12 engines.  http://www.winget.co.uk/document/VILLIERS%20MK10%20&%2012%20OPS%20MANUAL%20JULY%201957.pdf

It may pay you to track down a manual for the specific type you have.  http://www.villiersparts.co.uk/man.html

All the best,
             "Dori"

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 18:05 »
I have just also remembered the Internal Fire Museum website and its associated forum....my old log in name still worked :)...haven't been on there for an age.... http://www.internalfire.com/

...I think it might be worth a look on there ref' your quest. ;) 

Shame on me for suggesting another forum :ohmy:

"Dori"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 18:12 by dorimower »

Gwiz

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 19:22 »
shame indeed!

prepare yourself for a stoning, and if we can't find any stones, we'll have to throw slugs instead.... ;)

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 21:20 »
Best I load up with Pellets then.... ;)

"Dori"

danthefarmer

• my garden in the snow
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:31 »
hi there new to this i just been having probs with villiers engine mk 15 u undo the centre bolt where u pull rope to start remove that houseing that will show a large nut undo that
and the fly wheel can be removed just rember to reset timeing hope this helps

bantam roto where do i pick spares up from such as tines ?

rickman

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 21:18 »
My Monrotiller has a MK15 Villiers (how do you know if it is an "HS"?)-non- running.
I digress, take off the starter pulley, under it is a large nut with a RH thread, find a socket to fit and a rubber mallet, put the socket on with a socket bar and hit the bar anti clockwise, eventually the nut comes loose. Do not try and jam the fly wheel as the fins will break off.
The nut comes loose and then goes tight again, repeat the process et voila the flywheel should end up in your hand. It is interference fit on a taper and self removing.  I played this game this afternoon - Good luck.

Is it coincidence that three of us are having issues with the same engine type?

Actually while we are on, mine will not start. Has an ignition module instead of points, the timing appears correct, clean new fuel and spark plug, out of the engine the plug sparks merrily, any suggestions any one? I could do with it to get the spuds in!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 21:22 by rickman »
Andy

xx
howard bantam villiers

Started by moam1 on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post August 19, 2011, 12:25
by Gwiz
question
Howard Bantam Villiers Mk 15

Started by earlybird on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post November 14, 2010, 19:52
by dorimower
xx
Howard 200 C12 Villiers Video

Started by Prototype on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post April 14, 2009, 00:09
by Paul Plots
xx
Howard 200 Rotavator with Villiers 12/2 engine Help !

Started by Willoughbridge on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post March 19, 2011, 20:41
by Willoughbridge

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 36 queries.