Burnt Sausage Roll

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

Burnt Sausage Roll
« on: June 15, 2023, 13:03 »
Yesterday in the microwave.  Charred to a cinder.    The question is, how to get rid of the smell of burning.
I have cleaned the oven with everything imaginable and all the walls and cupboards, extractor etc.
The smell is still about.  Will it gradually go now with doors and windows open.  Can I do anything else ?
Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

wighty

Re: Burnt Sausage Roll
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 19:41 »
I have no suggestion, but I found it so funny, I've done some many things the same.

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 20:26 »
Putting half a lemon in cold water & cook in the microwave for 30minutes or so seems to rid the microwave of most smells I find, perhaps put the other half in a pan of cold water on the hob, might have the same effect in the kitchen as well, just don’t let it burn dry :wacko:
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 13:35 »
I am just going to do an order, so I will get a couple of lemons.  As we speak the microwave is outside on the patio with the door open wide.  I am hoping that might sweeten it a little bit.   I tried coffee and baking powder with no success.  I have even tried a kitchen cleaner.    So with the lemon I will try again.   My kitchen doesn't smell anymore because I have taken out the oven.   The kitchen is gleaming, because I have cleaned all of it.   ::)    Mrs B

wighty

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 19:34 »
Oh dear, I've just read this again, and I'm sorry but I still find it funny.  An exploding Haggis, following the instructions is my biggest mishap.  (I must have sk ipped over the pierce the skin bit).

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2023, 12:30 »
Yesterday, I put a dozen or so cloves, and the same with split cardomon pods.  I then put them in a bowl with pure vanilla.   Then I kept turning the micro on for 30 seconds all day.   The smell has all but gone, so I think I shall do the same again today.  Wighty, I am glad I gave you a laugh.   :lol: :lol:  Mrs B

xx
smoked sausage omelette

Started by chrissie B on Kitchen Natter

5 Replies
Last post November 30, 2017, 09:07
by chrissie B
xx
Sausage Casserole - Disappointed

Started by mrs bouquet on Kitchen Natter

8 Replies
Last post February 01, 2021, 10:42
by New shoot
xx
Burnt on rice pudding

Started by Lardman on Kitchen Natter

27 Replies
Last post November 27, 2013, 08:45
by madcat

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 40 queries.