GREEN HOUSES

• 8 Replies

LILLILEAF

GREEN HOUSES
« on: July 04, 2016, 07:01 »
Hi every one
Anyone had anything to do with rion greenhouses?,i live on very windy Anglesey,or can anyone recommend a strong greenhouse,i am looking for an 8 x 12 size,not second hand i will start a fresh with a new green house.
Not enough room in the house ;)

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: GREEN HOUSES
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 07:41 »
Hi Lillileaf and welcome to the site  :) 

I've just moved this post here so it gets seen by all the equipment shed gurus  :)

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 08:53 »
Not heard of that greenhouse, John the site owner had problems with his new greenhouse in windy Wales. I bought a 10x8 rhino greenhouse, I was impressed by their advertising of how strong it was. I've had it about 5 years now & am very pleased with it, it was one of the tallest that I looked at,even though I'm short, I was thinking of the plants😊. It came as standard with toughened glass & 3 openers on either side of the roof & 2 sets of lovers in the walls. Not cheap but a really good product, & no I have no connections to them.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

ARPoet

• Experienced Member
  • I love growing and eating beans
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 13:11 »
I have an 8 x 6 rion twin wall poly carb. Its a lot more sturdy than you think. I got mine after seeing one down on our lottie site and listening to man who owned it talking about it.
They are not cheap, needs putting up in the right order and i found getting the roof on was very hard.
But i prefer it to my glass greenhouse as its always that bit warmer.
Roger.

Its Grand Being Daft

LILLILEAF

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 05:59 »
Hi
Well in the end after looking at different types of greenhouse we went for a Rhino 8x12,no they are not cheap but the weight of it and the build quality is excellent,because it is very windy where we live the green house had to be heavy and strong it weighs 400kg when it is up,so i don't think it will move,having the base done this week .i look forward very much to putting it to good use.

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 07:44 »
I hope you have as much pleasure in yours as I do in mine, 8 X 12 is a good size, plenty to keep you busy. We've just had to redo the base on mine as it sank into the ground,it now sits on slabs cut in half & concreted into the ground. So ensure you're base  is really solid as it was a major issue to take all the glass out then move the frame to get to the base,looks fab again though now. What colour are you having,mines green,but they do more colours now.

LILLILEAF

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 19:34 »
Hi
We have got 2 tonnes of stone going down then cement on top in a frame,i am not doing the work,a good friend of mine is doing that for me,then we will drive bolts in to anchor it down,i cannot wait, my husband will never see me,but he will know where i am :lol:

LILLILEAF

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 17:09 »
Hi snowdrops
Sorry i forgot to say what colour,we went for aliminium in the end as the cost for a coloured finish was extra,so that money has gone towards the base instead.Lillileaf

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 20:19 »
I think all of them are great. I went for green as although a good size my garden is short so I wanted it to blend in, which I feel it does,I used to have a 6x8 aluminium in the old garden, but that was a Halls,many moons ago now.

xx
Green water

Started by engineer on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post June 18, 2012, 13:54
by engineer
xx
cheapest green house

Started by veggies on Equipment Shed

15 Replies
Last post March 14, 2010, 19:37
by newatthis
xx
green house glass

Started by massa on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post March 23, 2010, 23:02
by compostqueen
xx
green house window

Started by massa on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post May 18, 2010, 22:36
by Trikidiki

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 36 queries.