Merry Tiller Help

• 4 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Merry Tiller Help
« on: November 20, 2005, 20:22 »
I'm being asked quite a lot for help with suppliers who can provide parts for Merry Tillers and other rotovators.
If you know anyone who can help, supply spares etc. please post on here.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

dmaxweb

Merry Tiller Help
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 23:40 »
I am in the US and have a Merry Tiller (vintage 1975).  I suspect many parts are the same as the UK models.  The company was purchased by Mackissic in 1991.  http://mackissic.com  Most parts are still available.    You can search for distributors/dealers from the Mackissic site.  You can also order parts directly from them at least for newer models.  I have found some old accessories available for mine at distributors who just happen to have old stock parts lying around.

Now I have a question.
I have the tractor lug tires that can be switched out from the rotor tines so that you can attach a furrower or a plow attachement.  It seems like I recall that there was a cart available to tow behind the tiller and also a  bulldozer blade.  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  I have my owner's manual but it doesn't mention anything.  I remember seeing various attachments in a brochure at the dealership when I bought it.  If anyone would happen to have a brochure or part numbers of various attachement accessories, I would appreciate it.
Thanks
Don

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Merry Tiller Help
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 10:52 »
Hello and Welcome!
I don't know if you have seen the manual I put up on the site? It's a pdf so you can print it out and available here

I reckon the quality of these machines has not been improved on. They were made in an era when engineering in the UK (and I suspect the USA) was concerned with long life and reliability. Modern engineering practice seems to concentrate on reducing construction cost, reducing weight  and not worrying about life span.

Maybe I'm becoming a grumpy old man!

shaun

mr rotorvator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 19:51 »
i dragged  the tiller out of hibernation this afternoon
changed the petrol in the tank,checked the oil,gave it a little spray of wd40,
27 pulls later and it was ticking over like a rolls royce ,not bad for a 25 year old engine.so its of to the plot in the morning to put her to work, ive got some garlic and some early carrotts to plant

ps John can we post pics in this forum
feed the soil not the plants
organicish
you learn gardening by making mistakes

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Merry Tiller Help
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 20:48 »
Fantastic machines, aren't they?

I need to get mine in for a service as I don't think it's had one for a few years. I'm a real dunce with mechanicals so I think best to get it  done by professionals.

You are talking to a man who got blisters pulling the cord until he realised it was out of petrol!

As for photographs - if they are already hosted online you can link to them so they show up using the IMG  button.  At present there isn't a way you can upload directly to this site. You could host, I understand, with someone like Photobucket

I found these instructions on another forum:

Once you go on this site it is just a simple matter of clicking browse and it will bring up your pictures file.
You then click on the photo that you want to submit.
Then click the submit button on photobucket and it will load it onto the site.
Now you may need to resize it ,which is possible on photobucket on the edit button above your photo .
Then each photo you store there will have three rows of writing underneath .
The bottom row starts something like [img] .....
So if you right click on that row, it highlights it then go to copy and click on it
You will be able to come onto this site and right click and click paste
Then the photos url image code that you copied ,will now show as a photo once you click the eply or submit button on the thread you are posting on.

I've been promising to set up a system so people could keep their diaries on here but I've been quite busy workwise and we've had a fair bit going on in the family.

xx
merry tiller and mantis tiller - compare/contrast?

Started by mushroom on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post July 17, 2007, 05:17
by Gwiz
xx
merry tiller need help

Started by madmak on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post March 27, 2010, 19:17
by jarigo
xx
merry tiller

Started by daveylamp on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post April 16, 2012, 08:17
by daveylamp
xx
im looking for a merry tiller

Started by new_2_veg on Equipment Shed

11 Replies
Last post September 07, 2007, 23:33
by muntjac

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 36 queries.