First egg yesterday!!

• 21 Replies

1st time veg grower

• Experienced Member
Re: First egg yesterday!!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 10:46 »
I think I've still got at least three weeks to wait until I get my first egg (my chooks are 19 weeks old) but it doesn't stop me from checking the nest boxes every morning!!! :unsure: ::)

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 16:50 »
i gave my little boy charlie a boiled egg and soldiers the other day, first time he tried it so i didnt do it too runny for him, he loved it and now wants to try an omlet.    nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

feelingbroody

• Experienced Member
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 17:57 »
I cant wait for the first egg feeling  :) what a clever girl bhuna is. extra mealworms for her  :)
if wishes were changes.......

cheriton

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 23:55 »
I have told Bhuna what a good girl she is and given her all your words of encouragement ;).

We are on egg 4 now :D :D :D :D she has laid everyday since Thursday except Sunday -still a standard small egg size but they stay at the top of the eggcup now instead of falling to the bottom  :).

Saturdays egg was retrived at 7am and withstood all their stomping around in the eggbox!!

Keep checking 1st time veg grower and feeling broody, I was routinely checking thinking not today when the nestbox opened and I couldn't believe it  ::)

feelingbroody

• Experienced Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 12:39 »
My girls were hatched on 12th feb so when do you think they will start to lay?? anyone ??? they are hybrids of a nice size and I know will take a few weeks to settle but wondered as a rule of thumb when I should start to look   ???

Broody....thats me not the hens by the way  :D

Casey76

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 12:53 »
Feeling broody - if your chicks weren't hatched until Feb, you'll have a wait until the end of June at the earliest before you can expect any eggs (and that is still only 18 weeks).  I would be prepared for a wait until the end of Jul / beginning of Aug before the first eggs appear.

feelingbroody

• Experienced Member
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 19:19 »
Feeling broody - if your chicks weren't hatched until Feb, you'll have a wait until the end of June at the earliest before you can expect any eggs (and that is still only 18 weeks).  I would be prepared for a wait until the end of Jul / beginning of Aug before the first eggs appear.

Thanks Casey, maybe just to keep my hubby interested I might plant a few  :nowink: but the red stamp on there might give me away lol. I am just excited at the thought of eggs but in the meantime it means the girls are settling in. Thanks for that though it clears it up as to when I can expect some at least  :)
Broody
ps  Casey, how long will they lay for then after that???

xx
Sad day yesterday

Started by themagicaltoad1 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post September 23, 2012, 16:08
by ANHBUC
xx
Yay! 7 eggs yesterday

Started by Casey76 on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post August 03, 2010, 13:16
by joyfull
xx
New girl laid two eggs yesterday

Started by jaydig on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post September 29, 2014, 15:55
by jaydig

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 39 queries.