tomatoes

• 27 Replies

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
tomatoes
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 16:37 »
ok the missus is gonna be really happy with all these 3 in pots all over the place.. I think I may have started a few too many this year.. :lol:

thanks for the advise guys

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
tomatoes
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 16:39 »
Quote from: "Sadgit"
ok the missus is gonna be really happy with all these 3 in pots all over the place.. I think I may have started a few too many this year.. :lol:

And maybe a bit too early!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Mrs. Digger moans about the seed trays & pots in the house, but it's always 'our produce' when it comes to passing the excess on. I suppose I have to be happy that she doesn't claim it to be all her own work!
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
tomatoes
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 18:19 »
Quote from: "Digger Dave"
Quote from: "Sadgit"

And maybe a bit too early!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Mrs. Digger moans about the seed trays & pots in the house, but it's always 'our produce' when it comes to passing the excess on. I suppose I have to be happy that she doesn't claim it to be all her own work!

errr yeah I have so many seeds this year, so decided to start some early... now I have 100's of damn seedings :LOL:

sclarke624

tomatoes
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2007, 20:58 »
Glad it's not just me that planted too many tom seeds.  I am new to this game, hubby built new raised bed for me bert day and in my enthusiasm I planted some Tom seeds.  Must have been a brain dead day cos I now have 25 of Gardeners delight and 25 Marmande all sprouting and waiting to come out of their 3" pots.  I hate to throw any away.  Put some in the raised bed last week with half a cola bottle on them and they seem to be fine................but I haven't got room for the rest or enough pots.  Unluckily for me none of the grown kids like toms either.  I really didn't think they would all come up but looks like the heated south facing conservatory is fantastic for germinating seeds.  Only been here two years almost so not used to Sunny Bognor and a conservatory.
Sheila
unowho
Guess I'm organic until I ever need to inorganic

muntjac

tomatoes
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 21:02 »
if your on a road  then sell em from the front gate . 65p is the going rate at the start of the year then .you decide hat ur charging it helps pay for seeds and compost  :wink:
still alive /............

sclarke624

tomatoes
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 22:20 »
Would that be 65p in a 3" pot or bigger.  I know it's only approx.  Good idea though, as I think four plants would probably be plenty for us two.

muntjac

tomatoes
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 22:24 »
yups thats in a 3" pot if ya clever you will only sell the pots you buy at carboot sales etc ..... hundreds fer pennies  :wink:

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
tomatoes
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 06:13 »
well I gave away about 100 odd 6-9inch tom plants last year to people at work... some of whom had never grown anything before... I was like the pied piper :lol:

DD.

• Global Moderator
tomatoes
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 08:07 »
I tend not to have excess plants, as I know what I need, but with 2 1/2 plots getting on for 900 sq m, I have quite a lot of excess produce!

This goes down to our church who are raising funds for a redevelopment. At peak excess time, there's often £25- £30 in the pot.

muntjac

tomatoes
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 11:05 »
Quote from: "Digger Dave"
I tend not to have excess plants, as I know what I need, but with 2 1/2 plots getting on for 900 sq m, I have quite a lot of excess produce!

This goes down to our church who are raising funds for a redevelopment. At peak excess time, there's often £25- £30 in the pot.

me 2 i give loads to the hospice in the vilage n few old folks eat of my plots as well  :wink:

DD.

• Global Moderator
tomatoes
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 12:21 »
Quote from: "muntjac"

me 2 i give loads to the hospice in the vilage n few old folks eat of my plots as well  :wink:

My Grandfather was one for giving his excess to the 'old folks'. They were usually a good 10 years his junior!

muntjac

tomatoes
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 15:14 »
nah mate these are definatly older than me . infact 3 of them held the plots i now work and they got me to take em over lol

Sadgit

• Village Idiot
    • Middlesbrough Weather
tomatoes
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 18:18 »
Quote from: "muntjac"
nah mate these are definatly older than me . infact 3 of them held the plots i now work and they got me to take em over lol

but I thought you were as "old as the hills" ??? :lol:

xx
Should I put the tomatoes out?

Started by oldcow on Grow Your Own

6 Replies
Last post April 06, 2011, 20:36
by Composto
xx
Still getting tomatoes, am I the only one ?

Started by hubballi on Grow Your Own

25 Replies
Last post December 03, 2012, 23:52
by hubballi
xx
When should my tomatoes go outside?

Started by samnorfolk on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post April 15, 2015, 21:22
by mumofstig
xx
Tomatoes

Started by mdjlucan on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2010, 11:35
by Livinhope

Page created in 0.3 seconds with 28 queries.