salosan f vs. ark maid

• 12 Replies

Bruced

• Experienced Member
salosan f vs. ark maid
« on: May 06, 2009, 13:15 »
I am looking for something to reduce odour (not that it's bad - we poo pick daily). I know taht Salosan F is supposed to be good for disinfecting a run and reducing odour but also read something about a product called Ark Maid, which more sounds like it is for coops. Are these products for totally different purposes and can anyone recommend either?

wadz81

• Experienced Member
Re: salosan f vs. ark maid
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 13:50 »
We are after the same thing we wanted to try biodri (I think) ??? but the guy didn't have any so we're going to pick the salosan up tonight will let you know how we get on ::)

Sue33

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 14:25 »

I'm sure I read on a post somewhere that you can add lime to the floor of the run to cut down on smells, maybe do a search  :) :)

cathangirl

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 14:28 »
If you use chemicals or lime, it is advisable to keep the chickens off, surely?
cathangirl

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 14:32 »
Garden lime is fine, sprinkle it lightly and dig into the soil, then cover with bark chips.

If you add garlic powder (from the horsey shop) to their feed it will cut down the odour too.  Hemcore or aubiose in their house/coop will completely deodorise that as it dehydrates the poo very fast.

FRUITFULL

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 16:03 »
Aunty,
what is hemcore? :D My run is outside the back door so i need to keep it as fresh as possible,i want to anyway for the girls.I think from what iv read here so far its personal choice what to use but im still confused as to what to put on the area that is earth and grass at the moment! :D

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 16:08 »
http://www.hemcore.co.uk/bedding.php

Hemcore or aubiose is always available at the horsey shop :)

Roughlee Handled

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 16:09 »
You beet me by second Aunty
http://www.hemcore.co.uk/bedding.php
 :tongue2: :tongue2:
Stuart

Dont worry I am just paranoid duckie.

If I get the wrong end of the stick its because I have speed read. Honest.

Blar blar blar blar snorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 16:10 »
It's the quick or the dead Ruff, the quick or the dead  :lol:

FRUITFULL

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 16:26 »
thank you for that info  :D it really sounds great stuff.When i was young (many years ago)we used something similar at the stables i worked at but i never new the name of it.
I dont think that will work in the outside run as it will get wet.The covered bit of the run is all slabed so thats ok as it is.I think il start off with the earth and grass then move on to shingle covered in chip bark maybe.In the winter we can put a roof on the outside run but for the summer i dont want to block the sun too much from the play ground as where the run is its not in an open space.
I cant wait to get them out there perminently,just the ramp up to the house to be made now and a few other bits. :D :D
The great thing is as the home has been built at the top of the garden steps they are dead level with my kitchen window to watch them!
Blimey sorry to go on!im just so into the chicks and excited,must be a substitute for not being a grannie yet! :D :D

Bruced

• Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 17:54 »
Thanks again for the advice - anyone know an online store that does hemcore or aubiose? would go shopping but the nearest animal feed stores are a way away and 17mpg  :mad:  means that the deivery charge is cheaper.

poohpouri

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 11:00 »
Thanks again for the advice - anyone know an online store that does hemcore or aubiose? would go shopping but the nearest animal feed stores are a way away and 17mpg  :mad:  means that the deivery charge is cheaper.
Hi you can get Aubiose from Gw titmus on line  ;)

Bruced

• Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2009, 11:04 »
Thanks pooh - I found that one and they delivered yesterday. Just cleaned out the coop and waiting for it to dry before we put in the Aubiose. Of course, now it's raining... :mad:

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 36 queries.