Chicken with cut foot...advice needed

• 1 Replies

Lmo25

Chicken with cut foot...advice needed
« on: June 06, 2012, 23:05 »
Hi everyone, any advice would be welcome as I am relatively new to keeping chickens and advice greatly received. My son has accidently trapped one of our chicken foot in our back door. It was bleeding but I put a towel on it and it stopped eventually. I tried to put a bandage on the cut witch is on her middle toe but after getting it on I think she pulled it off in the night. I put some heroine on it and have been cleaning it 2 times a day with a special antibac wash that my neighbour has given me. It looks quite swollen but she is walking on it although not as well as before. Also have an antibac powder I have put on. But tonight I felt her foot was quite hot and it looked like you could see her vein through the skin (green blue) which you can't see on her other foot. What else can I do to help her? 
Thanks Lila

compostqueen

Re: Chicken with cut foot...advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 10:06 »
You can get wound spray for hens and I would advise getting yourself some as it will come in handy in future. 

Make sure her bedding is very clean and let her free range on the grass when you can. You can then observe her and see if she needs a trip to the vet.  Keep a close eye on her to monitor her progress  :)

exclamation
Chicken advice needed

Started by dianamack on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post July 03, 2013, 11:12
by ANHBUC
xx
Advice Needed on Chicken Health (HELP)

Started by RICH_Chicken on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 29, 2011, 16:00
by compostqueen
xx
Advice needed for poorly chicken

Started by KarlandSue on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post July 05, 2010, 20:45
by KarlandSue
xx
Injured chicken - advice needed

Started by Chicken chum on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post April 19, 2014, 17:06
by joyfull

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 38 queries.