Pictures of My New Girls

• 16 Replies

Springlands

Re: Pictures of My New Girls
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 11:45 »
Oh no - deffo no early starts - we used to have a boy bird who used to crow at 4 in the morning during the summer - and I was working then - I was not amused.  :lol:

I would advise you not to use one of those circular vents - they can be noisy and if it was very windy it could spook the hens.

We do not have specific ventilation holes in our hen house - it faces away from the prevailing and there is a slight gap where the door closes - enough for the hens to get plenty of air but not enough that they get draughts. As you say some people have small holes at the top or sides of their runs - you do not need to worry too much about them getting cold their feathers keep them warm - you just need to avoid having too many draughts. 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:48 by Springlands »

newchickenkeeper

Re: Pictures of My New Girls
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 14:26 »
BRilliant thanks SPringlands. I will leave as it I think. There is a very slight gap in either door, literally milimeters but enough to provide air and a very slight circulation of air.

There is a boy lives at the back of me on the farm and he is soooo loud haha. Quite a nice sound though and I can't hear him from the bedroom which is handy. He's took an interest in my girls but hasn't attempted the fence or anything. They have showed no interest in him whatsoever :)

xx
Here are my pictures of my girls

Started by salt and pepper on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post August 07, 2011, 22:41
by NormandyMary
xx
pictures

Started by retribution on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post January 08, 2011, 14:10
by Mulberry1990
xx
Have a look at my new babies - pictures

Started by Chickway on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post April 02, 2011, 00:09
by Pol
xx
Pictures of new chicks

Started by carolbriar on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post June 21, 2012, 23:33
by ANHBUC

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 38 queries.