Mum's house back on the market

• 13 Replies

mrs bouquet

Mum's house back on the market
« on: October 01, 2019, 10:49 »
Still not sold.   The latest buyers, had cash buyers on theirs, verified by their estate agent who  saw the bank statement.     It seems however, that having got to exchange, the cash buyers forgot they needed £50 to pay their deposit.
That is another 3 months wasted and so back to square one.       Oh despair.      Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snow white

Re: Mum's house back on the market
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 14:18 »
 :mellow: :(

snowdrops

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 14:51 »
Oh no couldn’t they have rustled up £50, I’d be inclined to pay it for them, poor you, more going through it all again. Make sure you have it revalued!
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 16:13 »
Sorry my typing mistake  :nowink:.     If it had been 50 pounds, I would have paid it.    No it is 50 thousand pounds, which is 10% of the property they were supposed to be buying, that in turn goes up the ladder and becomes the deposit on Mum's.     :ohmy:  Mrs Bouquet

snowdrops

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 17:12 »
So did they not have the cash then?

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 19:02 »
It would seem not, but they have applied to the Halifax for a mortgage for that amount.    -   Beware, all buyers are liars.  :(  Mrs Bouquet

grinling

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2019, 16:04 »
We had BIL place kept on the market even with accepting an offer unless deposit paid.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 10:28 »
That sounds like a good plan, where does the deposit get lodged in the interim, and approximately how much should I ask for ?   Mrs B

snowdrops

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 11:57 »
It gets lodged with the solicitor & they would know how much, I’m surprised they hadn’t sorted it before.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2019, 12:14 »
Thanks for that advice, a couple of very important 'phone calls tomorrow !  Mrs B

Goosegirl

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2019, 12:10 »
Just got back from a long weekend away to find the bungalow we liked has been sold - grrr!  :mad: The estate agents were supposed to let us know if anyone else was interested but they didn't, so OH gave them a tongue-lashing for all the bad service they've given us. We're cancelling them and getting two others instead because we only had two people round since June. It's all such a pain in the whatsit.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2019, 16:03 »
Bad luck, and bad estate agents, they're not much good.  I know how you feel.  >:(  Mrs Bouquet

Goosegirl

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2019, 15:05 »
Would you believe that the first ad these incompetent morons put on their website didn't even mention we've also got 1.2 acres of field as well as substantial veg plots behind the cottage? Who had to repeatedly get back to them because their description and pics were sadly lacking? If they think they're going to get any cash from us when we end our contract with them then they've another think coming! ;)  I will itemise my and OH's valuable time re-drafting their useless **** plus taking their pics for them which they should have done in the first place.
MB, do you find as you get older and wiser you have the innate ability to wield your verbal brolly around people like these because they'll never know what's going to happen next! A sit-in whilst chaining yourself to the bike stands might do the trick as long as the local rag is previously informed? Get all-clued up on your consumer's rights with the proper paperwork to hand when someone you bought the item says it's nothing to do with us? Between you and me and one or two other alike people on here, we're past being taken for fools so be afraid. Be very afraid!

mrs bouquet

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 10:32 »
Since we last talked about this, and the disappearing buyers, buyers.    I got new buyers about 2 weeks ago.
But that has gone wrong back down the chain, somebody has pulled out.    My buyers still want mine, their buyers still want theirs, but the buyers further down have pulled out.
My parents always used to tell me that their property would be my inheritance, but at this rate I shall be dead before it sells.     :lol: :lol:    Mrs Bouquet

xx
Farmers Market

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post March 26, 2021, 17:51
by rowlandwells
xx
Bat in the house

Started by AlaninCarlisle on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post August 31, 2019, 15:36
by RubyRed
xx
Selling mum’s house

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post March 25, 2020, 18:34
by MrsPea
xx
GG's moving house.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

15 Replies
Last post June 13, 2019, 07:36
by GraciesGran

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 52 queries.