Night calling

• 23 Replies

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Night calling
« on: July 20, 2010, 16:45 »
My siamese Lucy has suddenly started sitting at the bottom of the stairs and repeatedly calling at about 4.30-5am every morning :ohmy:
She's eating, peeing and pooing ;)  fly catching doing all her usual tricks, so I don't think she is poorly..I just wondered why has she started doing this...........I could do without an early morning call every day :(
Any ideas?

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
Re: Night calling
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 16:55 »
Attention, boredom or to let you know the best time to hunt is now so get out of bed you lazy bum  :tongue2: Arwen did this when she was a lone kitty, but stopped once she had Shia to annoy at hunting time. Even if indoor cats they become alert and hunting instinct kicks in at this time of day. As for cures I'm not sure, I got Arwen a playmate but I'm not sure she has ever been too grateful for the playmates  ::) :lol:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 17:50 »
another puss is out of the question....she is so scared of other cats since she got beat up....even a cat on the telly sends her under the bed...to her safe place :(

oh dear...looks like I better start going to bed earlier ...at least until the nights are a bit longer ::)  :nowink:

spiderlyn

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 18:15 »
I think its more like the dawn coures!.. those dam bird get up far to early during the summer months! >:(  Puddin is the same! 5am every morning...  Now OH gets up lets puddin out then goes for a bike ride :wacko: by the time OH is back.. puddin is back on the bed asleep! :D
Try.. and ... try again... & keep trying..

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 18:19 »
I don't think Arwen really wanted the playmate either - she would have much preferred for me to get up to hunt with her  :lol: Does she go outside or have a catflap? I know with mine I couldn't be without the flap, but where I live is a very quiet lane and they go straight to the field to hunt so I don't worry too much. Your lucky she doesn't jump on your head at 5am as well - that used to be another of my little madame's tricks to get me up at dawn!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 18:45 »
Madame occasionally wanders out to a little walled courtyard at the back...but I have to shut the catflap at night cos that's how the horrible tom cat got in to her :ohmy:

She always used to wake me up but then settle down again next to me.........now she just calls for about half an hour..even if I get up to talk to her and open the cat flap :(

Then she decides it's food time...uses the litter tray and goes upstairs and back to sleep...by which time I am of course wide awake :nowink:

NormandyMary

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 19:45 »
Most mornings Im woken up by Tabitha, my eldest. I think she gets sent up by the other two 'cos she has the loudest voice. She howls outside the bedroom door telling me that they want their breakfast. 6 am usually. Trouble is, I cant leave food down at night, because next doors cat gets in and nicks it. I have a magnetic cat flap, but he just breaks in through it.

mobilekat

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 22:18 »
Our cats started doing the same thing the first year we had them, and we twigged it was they wanted breakfast, as the first thing we always did was feed them in the morning. :nowink:

So we ended up with a couple of mornings of feline hatred as we made them wait for breakfast until just before we went to work... (cruel parents), but after 3 days the dawn chorus and chest jumping upon stopped, and we all slept later in the morning! :)
I also put some extra food down the night before to reduce the hunger pangs!
Very often quite lost- would be more lost if I could work out where I was!- But always find my way home.....

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 22:53 »
Yes I was going to suggest food put down at night. It has stopped our ancient torty for yelling at us at the top of her voice at silly o'clock.

She's asleep when I go to bed so I sneak biscuits onto her plate before I go up. The other cat sleps like a log on the ned of my bed so is nonethewiser as she is safely upstairs when the biscuits (quietly!) appear.

Honestly, the lengths we go to  :lol: :lol:
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Wild Pony

• Experienced Member
  • God made ducks to make him laugh
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 09:43 »
Lolol, sounds like the master or lady of the house has their staff well trained for getting up so they have all the warm cuddly bits of the bed to themselves! They're probably thinking how easy it was to train you, lolololol

compostqueen

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 09:46 »
I'd no idea that cats could break through cat flaps. Blimey  :D  Imagining it made me titter

Sorry  :D

Glad I've not got a cat with all this dawn catterwauling  :D

tode

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 10:16 »
How old is Lucy, Mum ?

Caralou

• Family Member.
    • Lowcostliving
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 10:32 »
Also, is she neutered? Had totally forgot about dementia crying in cats or that is she is intact she may be wanting the local tom to come find her  :unsure: :ohmy:

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 11:10 »
She is 4 and is neutered, so neither of those apply :lol:

and it's not the yowly type of call they make when in heat it's just the MUM! MUUUUUM! MUUUUM!......you know the one  :lol:

She was doing it this morning when she wanted the back door opened.....too lazy to use the catflap...cheeky madam  :nowink:

tode

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 14:56 »
Best to pretend you can't hear her:  she'll just have to learn to hold it for an hour or two  ::)

I made the mistake of stroking our siamese each time she miaowed: you can guess the result  :lol:

xx
Calling all ferret fanciers! Urgent!

Started by Starling on Pets without Feathers

29 Replies
Last post August 08, 2010, 12:38
by joyfull
xx
Think I got mugged last night!

Started by Aidy on Pets without Feathers

28 Replies
Last post August 18, 2023, 18:31
by MrsPea
xx
you'll never guess what we did last night!

Started by SMD66 on Pets without Feathers

4 Replies
Last post October 22, 2009, 15:04
by Foxy
xx
are pet bunnies safe to free range at night?

Started by daisy1990 on Pets without Feathers

13 Replies
Last post July 06, 2011, 20:32
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 40 queries.