I am angry

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

I am angry
« on: July 23, 2019, 16:16 »
 >:(   A couple of weeks ago I "aquired" a pair of garden gates.  Each gate is 35 inches w, by 72 inches H.
  They are made of cedar, which is double sided, because the top 17 inches is wrought iron.    They sit in a champered frame, which is all prepared, and when closed they are  form a chevron.  They have not been cut for hinges, bolts or locks, and still have the labels on.

In 2 weeks time it is our Garden Show, and I asked the organiser if they would like them to sell.   He was delighted and referred them on to another guy who is supposed to be collecting them.    To make his life easier, I have managed to lift them up to my driveway.   In doing so, I have pulled a muscle or whatever, were the bottom of my neck meets the top of my shoulder.    It has swollen, and I can do very little with it as it is so sore.    I am taking paras, and ibuprofen, and using frozen peas on it, and trying to rest it.

Today the general organiser sends us all a "begging emai" for things for all the stalls (I have already given them 2 large crates of books).   But ends it by saying anything not sold, must be taken away  :mad: :mad: :mad:   Well blow that, I have retracted my offer.    They can be cut for firewood by Son-in-Law, or put in the September skip, when I have my new roof.

So I don't suppose I shall win any classes now  :D :D :D :D  That's better now   Thanks :D :D  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

snowdrops

Re: I am angry
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 19:20 »
Put them on eBay or gumtree or Facebook market place. Hope your injury gets better soon, maybe it wasn’t a good idea to be shifting them😥
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Christine

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 19:31 »
Trouble is that in situations like this you can end up with a lot of debris that isn't sold and unless someone is prepared to do a car boot or trail the stuff to the charity shop it's a right pain to clear the place up.

Goosegirl

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 12:13 »
MB. Wrought iron and cedar gates to be burnt or put in a skip???? I would bite your hand off to have them!
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

al78

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 00:16 »
Seems easonable to me. If anything that didn't get sold wasn't taken backl, the organisers whould have a pile of rubbish to deal with, and may not have the space to take it home. It is like the Seedy Saturday events I have been involved with, peaople donate seeds but only a small percentage get taken by people, someone has to take the left behind majority home, which is a nuisance. That is why the idea of a swap shop was quickly dismissed, because the question was asked as to who is going to deal  with the leftover rubbish.

Externalised consequences, never a good thing for those on the receiving end.

xx
Very Angry

Started by Lardman on Chatting on the Plot

29 Replies
Last post March 17, 2019, 09:42
by Lardman
xx
Angry Footballers

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post March 29, 2020, 00:58
by Plot 1 Problems

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 44 queries.