with Pennard Plants

http://www.potato-days.net/

Please add any that aren't on the list

hiccup

• Experienced Member
Re: Potato Days
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 19:57 »
               Evening All

Thanks for starting us of mum. Does anyone know when and where the Glasgow
                      potato day is this year?                     
keep on digging

Hayleynotts

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 20:47 »
The Potato Day sale will be in Central Chesterfield occupying an empty shop unit in The Pavements Shopping Centre between 10.00am and 2.00pm on Saturday 28th January 2017. Pre-orders will be made up and can be collected from 9.30am on the day.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 21:30 »
               Evening All

Thanks for starting us of mum. Does anyone know when and where the Glasgow
                      potato day is this year?                     
There's a date here, but looks like it is still to be confirmed?

http://www.glasgowallotmentsforum.org.uk/Events/tabid/60/ctl/Details/Mid/2887/ItemID/2274/Default.aspx?ContainerSrc=%5BG%5DContainers/Catalyst2-Set1/Note%20-%20Style%203%20-%20Staples
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 21:31 by mumofstig »

Billb

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 00:04 »
what are potato days events?

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 08:23 »
As the links say
Many varieties of seed potato will be on sale including unusual and heritage varieties as well as tried and tested favourites, all competitively priced and available in small quantities.

Most also have onion and shallot sets and seed/plant stalls and swaps, you'd need to find details for your local one to know exactly what kind of event it is.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 08:24 by mumofstig »

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
  • Tallest Sunflower prizewinner 2014
    • A Little Bit of Sunshine
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 09:19 »
There is a Hampshire one at Testbourne School in Whitchurch 28-29th January. You can find it on line and see the impressive list of potatoes available, plus a seed swap and unusual plants from Edulis. They usually have shallot sets too
Wisdom is knowing what to ignore - be comfortable in your own skin.
My Blog
My Diary
My Diary Comments

Paul Plots

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 09:32 »
Potato Days?

My local nursery sells 44 varieties but not just for a day or two. It is part their normal stock at this time of year. Pick up a brown paper-bag and select what you want... a new bag for each variety. As many or as few tubers of any variety so you can try out something new or choose the right size seeds of your favourites.

For anyone who lives nearby: Contact details to check on stock if it is of help:  Chalcroft Nursery

West Sussex so might be more convenient for some than a journey into Hampshire.

Moderators: Please do remove this post if it is not OK to give details of a particular business. I have no business interest it's just my local and might be of help to others nearby.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 22:14 by Paul Plots »
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Mr Dog

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 12:07 »
Potato Days?

My local nursery sells 44 varieties but not just for a day or two. It is part their normal stock at this time of year. Pick up a brown paper-bag and select what you want... a new bag for each variety. As many or as few tubers of any variety so you can try out something new or choose the right size seeds of your favourites.

For anyone who lives nearby: Contact details to check on stock if it is of help:  Chalcraft Nursery

West Sussex so might be more convenient for some than a journey into Hampshire.

Moderators: Please do remove this post if it is not OK to give details of a particular business. I have no business interest it's just my local and might be of help to others nearby.

Same here, with50 varieties on offer, for anyone around Wakefield: http://www.horticentre.co.uk/Seeds-U44  They also usually have a potato weekend in conjunction with the local 'Incredible Edible' organisation but I've not seen anything about that yet.

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 12:11 »
The Hampshire one advertises 120 varieties, and for those of us that have no GCs nearby that sell 'loose' potatoes these events are a Godsend.... and being able varieties that are not often commercially available is great!

My list includes such delights as Inca Bella, Pink Gypsy and Ambo, amongst others 😀😀😀

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 17:17 »

We always like good recommendations, and as you're not connected to the business in any way that's absolutely great Paul  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Billb

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 20:40 »
As the links say
Many varieties of seed potato will be on sale including unusual and heritage varieties as well as tried and tested favourites, all competitively priced and available in small quantities.

Most also have onion and shallot sets and seed/plant stalls and swaps, you'd need to find details for your local one to know exactly what kind of event it is.

Thanks, the link wouldn't redirect yesterday, maybe pc was being updated?

AnneB

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 09:22 »
I will be missing our potato day this year due to bad planning on my part. It is held by the West Yorkshire Organic Group on Saturday 11th February at Exhibition Hall in Saltaire.  Here is a link with more information about location, times and varieties on offer.

http://wyog.org/potato-day/

sunshineband

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 10:20 »
I will be missing our potato day this year due to bad planning on my part. It is held by the West Yorkshire Organic Group on Saturday 11th February at Exhibition Hall in Saltaire.  Here is a link with more information about location, times and varieties on offer.

http://wyog.org/potato-day/

Maybe you could check out their list and ask a friend who  is going to do your shopping Anne?

hiccup

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 09:27 »
thanks for the link mum. xx

xx
Potato Days

Started by pilcooper on Grow Your Own

10 Replies
Last post February 05, 2010, 09:53
by diggerjoe
xx
potato days

Started by steven c on Grow Your Own

1 Replies
Last post March 23, 2021, 18:00
by snowdrops
xx
Potato Days

Started by DD. on Grow Your Own

11 Replies
Last post September 28, 2007, 17:57
by sweet nasturtium
xx
Seed Potatoes - Potato Days

Started by bean on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post October 30, 2007, 23:56
by sweet nasturtium

Page created in 0.35 seconds with 40 queries.