BBC survey arrived..

• 39 Replies

Plot 1 Problems

• Global Moderator
Re: BBC survey arrived..
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2021, 20:08 »

Raining on the parade a bit, but you still need a license as you are using a computer which is capable of receiving a live broadcast from the beeb.

Not true any longer. According to gov.uk, you need it to watch any live programmes on any channel, or to stream from iPlayer. https://www.gov.uk/tv-licence

Of which we do neither!

*edited for muppet like grammar typo!*
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 00:35 by Plot 1 Problems »

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2021, 09:03 »
Which overpaid BBC genius thought it was a good idea to end the Today programme on R4 with 5 minutes of someone reading out the names of people who have died of Covid? Just pathetic, shallow, saccharine Islington idiots who've been socially isolated and distanced from the real world for far too long.

Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2021, 11:04 »
Spot on, John.

BBC coverage of most topics is way off the mark!

wighty

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2021, 20:18 »
My survey arrived today and I, like MOS,  answered as honestly as I could without being rude. I don't really hold out much hope of it changing their attitude though.

Snowboar

• Experienced Member
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2021, 01:20 »
How insensitive is that sensationalising peoples death just to make a story they have totally lost it glad I didn’t hear it

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2021, 09:32 »
How insensitive is that sensationalising peoples death just to make a story they have totally lost it glad I didn’t hear it
Not as bad as  running the 10pm TV news from a mortuary. Their reporting of the pandemic has been superficial and sensationalist for the most part.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2021, 14:09 »
Not as bad as  running the 10pm TV news from a mortuary. Their reporting of the pandemic has been superficial and sensationalist for the most part.

I saw that and quickly turned to a different channel.  Don't normally watch at 10pm too morbid before bed, try to watch at lunchtime, in the kitchen while I am busy.    Mrs B
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2021, 16:26 »
WHAT????? That is so totally insensitive. What if someone's loved one had just been placed in there and they'd just come back to see it on the TV.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

jezza

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2021, 15:01 »
Hello I sounds like theres a lot of  muck spreading at the BBC would it do allotments any good,I know a few people with tractors and trailers could fetch it   jezza

Growster...

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2021, 07:47 »
Hello I sounds like theres a lot of  muck spreading at the BBC would it do allotments any good,I know a few people with tractors and trailers could fetch it   jezza

That's surely one for 'Gardener's Question Time', Jezza!

(Headlines - 'Twenty-five tractors and trailers blockade W1AA! Load-your-own bags from stacks by the lifts to the Directors' Dining Room...').

xx
New seed catalogue arrived.

Started by miggs on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post September 10, 2017, 13:18
by sunshineband

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 46 queries.