DUCK HELP! NEEDED!!!!

• 26 Replies

chickenlady

• Happychooks Blog
Re: DUCK HELP! NEEDED!!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2009, 10:57 »
Awwwww! hope your little one is ok!  :( will have everything crossed for you!

Debbie xxx
thinks her guardian angel`s gone on strike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2009, 11:32 »
Don't be ridiculous! Of course you are still welcome (as long as you are not bringing Zorro! :tongue2:). We all have prolems like this. I have lost 2 ducks to a fox and 2 ducklings to magpies because I didn't fully apprieciate the danger. Changed things after so it couldn't happen again like you are with the duckling run. The only crime is if we don't learn from our mistakes and let it happen again.

Looking forward to seeing you and the gang tomorrow if you are still up for coming.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Foxy

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2009, 12:13 »
Well Zorros brothers are furious with me (Othello and Zeus) I have taken Freckles out to keep Peaches company, and now Blacky has decided to keep Coco company on the nest! Eveytime I walk past they hiss at me evilly!! :lol: :lol:

matilda duck

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2009, 12:46 »
Just got back!!!!

As we put her in the box to go...vets is only 10 mins away I looked at her and thought strange i'm sure it was that eye?? Looked at the other both were fine!!!!
Oh well booked to go so off we went.

The vet I usually see loves something different.....this one however was not happy. >:(  We don't see ducks here!!! I am not qualified to look at ducks!!!(well I'm not either but that's never stopped me! ;))  Why is she in this state????
Oh our drake attacked her :(..........when??????...........thursday night :(.........and you've left it until saturday to sort?????........no that will heal but her eye was up the corner :(.....so what are you wanting me to do???  BAYTRIL.while I'm here just incase?????   NO heres some ointment to put on her eye.

Never mind ,FLORENCE is fine....in fact she is soo tame and soo beautiful.  Her eyes are dark blue....yes thats right not black/brown.......BLUE :tongue2:   
I'm okay now so we will see how today goes.  Thankyou all for your wonderfull help  x

And Kate how could I not want to come I can't wait.......

matilda duck

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 12:50 »
Foxy that made me laugh........what are they like???????
Wonderful mischevious,cheeky need I say more.

Zorro- spanish for FOX  well thats what florence looks like shes been attacked by :lol:

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 12:52 »
So glad her eye appears to be ok. Don't like the sounds of your vet though.
Staffies are softer than you think.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 13:41 »
Glad she is ok. Wonder if it was the inner lid bit that they have that was funny and making it look so bad.

Sounds like your vet was having a right strop about having to work the weekend in such glorious weather. Perhaps you should have suggested at the end not to pay for the consultation just the antibiotics as he wasn't qualified to offer an opinion! My unqualified opinion was free and the same as his - antibiotic eye drops/ointment! :tongue2:

See you tomorrow. :D

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 18:40 »
I'm so glad that she is better!  That Zorro is a pistol!  Let's hope she heals well!  Bless.
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

Hawkins

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 20:03 »
MD so glad I slept through this one, im really pleased she is better.

Sounds like your doing a brill job.
Em  

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

matilda duck

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 10:26 »
My unqualified opinion was free and the same as his - antibiotic eye drops/ointment! :tongue2:

See you tomorrow. :D
unqualified???????

I value your opinion more than a vets after this incident!!!!!

You were all so helpfull on here and I have stopped having a wobbly now and am back in control??? or something like that anyway?? :lol:

nicchick

• Experienced Member
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 18:13 »
That vet sounds rubbish! A really nice guy I say hello to on my way to the chickens asked my advice on getting set up with some hens for his children. One of his hens was looking poorly the other day and his wife took it to the vets a different one to where I go and the vet there said she had only treated two chickens who had both died, didn't know what was wrong with this chicken so gave it a steroid injection and charged £31!!!!!
I was horrified and so was my mate when I told her about it. Hope your lovely duck makes a full recovery, I can't believe that the vet didn't think antibiotics would be a good move. Nic.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 18:15 »
Steroid injection is a sure sign that they have no idea what they are doing but want to be able to charge you for something!

exclamation
DUCK ADVICE NEEDED

Started by Mbowers on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 14, 2018, 19:48
by grinling
xx
Duck advice needed please :)

Started by Sadgit on The Hen House

26 Replies
Last post May 07, 2011, 19:50
by Sadgit
xx
Help needed urgently prolapse in a duck (Kate)

Started by Nails on The Hen House

7 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 09:43
by Nails
xx
Urgent info needed on duck bedding please

Started by Kathie on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post November 05, 2010, 10:31
by Sassy

Page created in 0.226 seconds with 38 queries.