Sneezing hen & coloidal silver

• 5 Replies

chookboy

Sneezing hen & coloidal silver
« on: March 31, 2012, 14:44 »
Piper, one of our ex-batts has been sneezing for a couple of weeks now. She is laying well and 'chooking' round the garden with her tail held high and the other 5 girls have not shown any similar symptoms, so I am not overly concerned with her sneeezing.

We had one of the dogs in for accupuncture this morning for her arthritis and mentioned Piper's condition to 'Mr Eric' the vet - he immediately said "oh, it's probably such & such" (although neither myself or OH can remember what such & such was ::) - but it wasn't mycoplasma & he's not worried enough to want to see her)
 He gave us some coloidal silver, which I am glad about, as I've already given her a couple of drops on a couple of occasions to see if it would help.

He said to apply some to her nostrils (having cleared the snots) and spray some in her mouth - trouble being, we're not sure whether to dose her just once a day or more frequently!

Unless anybody knows any better, I think we'll dose her twice a day at the moment, as I believe it would be VERY hard to OD on coloidal silver!

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Sneezing hen & coloidal silver
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 09:37 »
Never heard of it before but after a search the dose seems to be twice a day

www.happychicks.co.uk  "This is a new large size than previously sold. To use on hens spray one spray directly into their mouth twice a day or put 1 teapoon in a litre of water to help more hens

Colloidal Silver is one of the oldest remedies in the World and can be traced as far back as the ancient Greek and Roman Empires. It is non-toxic, non-addictive and free of side effects; Colloidal Silver is thought to kill an average of 650 different organisms - compared to the 6 of a standard antibiotic!  It is safe for adults, children, animals and pregnant and nursing women. It can be applied topically and internally and has no reaction with other medications."

Hope it works, keep us updated.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

chookboy

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 09:56 »
Thanks ANHBUB - couldn't locate dosage for hens through my searches.

Been using coloidal silver for years on for ourselves and the dogs (great for spraying on spaniel wounds) - natural antibiotic, with from what I've learned, next to no side effects. (If a human takes too much (lots) their skin can change colour). Don't think it has any implications/interactions with other meds.

Read somewhere about the phrase "Born with a silver spoon in your mouth" - rich folk got less ill than poor folk, as they continually ingested microscopic amounts of silver from cuttlerery.

So - will dose her twice a day and see how she goes...

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 10:05 »
Interesting, will have a good look into more information on it.  Always suffer with allergies and sore throat.  Would be great if it eases those symptoms.  Thanks for the info.   :)

chookboy

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 10:17 »
No probs.

Theres a lot of stuff out there about turning blue, but I think thats mainly from far too much and far too strong. :wacko:
But hey, I dont think it would do any of us much good if we took 8 paracetamol 8 times a day, but we can still buy them everywhere for dirt cheap. ;)

Like any medication, seek advice USE COMMON SENSE and avoid the marketing propaganda of the big pharmaceutical companies.

Hope it can help you  :D (& my Piper - of to squirt her now :) )

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 10:24 »
some hospitals also have silver in some fabrics to help stop MRSA and similar.
Staffies are softer than you think.

question
Are silver partridge pekins and silver pencilled the same thing.

Started by Brenda B on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post January 29, 2012, 15:55
by joyfull
xx
Silver appleyard day 21

Started by Cleo on The Hen House

149 Replies
Last post September 29, 2008, 11:28
by Cleo
xx
Silver Sebrights

Started by Luther on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post March 21, 2011, 19:58
by Luther
xx
silver dorkings

Started by agingchick on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post July 23, 2009, 12:33
by Roughlee Handled

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 29 queries.