redx

• 3 Replies

adal

• Man Of the World
redx
« on: June 12, 2010, 17:21 »
Can anyone tell me Please? I have a bottle of redx would it harm the lawnmower engine if I put a drop of it in with the petrol.  I think its a few years old or will I be best of not putting it in. or has engine’s moved on from year’s ago and do not need a clean out also I remember year’s a go Castrol had a oil out named Castrol R was it the same as redX or not.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: redx
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 18:30 »
My dear old great Aunt used to ask for "3 gallons of five-star and a shot of Redex" every time she used to fill up her old Morris Minor (this of course was in the days when you had petrol pump attendants!!)  :nowink:

I don't suppose it would do any harm, from what I remember it is an upper cylinder lubricant which also helps to keep the valves clean but with modern oils and fuels plus the fact that lawnmowers don't exactly do high mileages I wouldn't bother.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Gwiz

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 19:13 »
I used to use redex in my old Triumph Toledo, but then had to move onto a castrol lead replacement product when four star stopped being sold. as for redex in mowers, I don't think it'll do any harm, as such, but I can't see it doing any good either!
 :)

adal

• Man Of the World
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 11:42 »
Thank you Jayg and gwiz for you'r help. i remember the  Triumph cub nice little girl.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 39 queries.