rain...

• 6 Replies

Sarah J

rain...
« on: July 10, 2008, 20:00 »
just wondering what all your chickens do when its raining... do they go in or stay out?
mine stay out even when its chucking it down. i went out early last night in the pouring rain to try to tempt them in. i threw a handful of food inside their coop but they went in one or two at time, scoffed it and came out again.
i get worried about them catching a chill when they go to bed wet.
Sarah

compostqueen

rain...
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 20:57 »
So did I but now I don't care  :D  They seem to love being soaking wet and muddy despite being able to avail themselves of the dry of the Eglu lined with dry straw and fluffy Aubiose  :D

mtoyne

• Experienced Member
rain...
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 10:20 »
mine are the same, ive got 3 exbatts and 3 normal girls and i was worried that the exbatts just didnt understand that when its raining you get wet, my normal girls stay outside aswell though so i just leave them all to it, theyve got plenty of places to shelter if they want to.

violet

• Experienced Member
rain...
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 16:29 »
I can almost hear them cheering when it rains! they shelter under the table and then rush out to catch and eat some poor unsuspecting wormy type thing and then back under the table for a few minutes...who needs lovely snuggly warm eglu????????????????  obviously only for whimps. :roll:

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
rain...
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 18:20 »
I never used to let mine out in the rain but they prefer the rain than being shut inside their run and to be honast it doesn't seem to do them any harm :)
Katt

Kazoo

• Experienced Member
rain...
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 19:18 »
my black rocks just want to be out, whatever the weather, they look like drowned rats at the moment but a good shake and they are back to normal.  When it gets really heavy they camp out on the greenhouse, they have taken over one of the soil beds in there that is never used and dust bath in it.  I now leave fresh water in there for them and they are as happy as anything!

too many girls

rain...
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 20:10 »
must admit i kept mine in today, they're a bit grumpy now, with the fox about if i let them out i have to stay out on fox watch, they might not mind being in the rain, but i do.

question
Rain,rain and more......what is the best surface to keep chickens on?

Started by mad mark on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post May 23, 2009, 21:13
by Sopho
xx
Rain?

Started by lightyears on The Hen House

16 Replies
Last post October 23, 2009, 19:44
by alisonwo
xx
Rain

Started by New Hampshire lover on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post May 28, 2008, 15:09
by compostqueen
xx
all this rain ......

Started by eveshamchelle on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post August 06, 2009, 22:58
by joyfull

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 38 queries.