Slugs are on their way.....

• 1 Replies

lmillar11

Slugs are on their way.....
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:00 »
hi all,

I have just placed my order to get rid of the garden devils - SLUGS.

a horrible website I found but has the cheapest nemaslug offers - www.slug-killer.co.uk

are the any new revolutions to slug killing this year?

;)

Arbutus

Re: Slugs are on their way.....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 20:41 »
Hi there,

How are you getting on with the Nemaslug? I'd be really interested to hear...I've used it here in the past, but since slug numbers seem to vary so dramatically depending on the weather it was hard to assess how effective it was.

Generally speaking I do like the "barrier" approach where you can actually see that things are protected - mind over matter maybe, but it works for me!

In terms of revolutions in slug killing (or at least slug barriers) for 2010, I've come across two interesting ideas. One used stretched metal scourers to create a sort of mollusc razor-wire surround for individual plants and pots, apparently it is/was highly effective, though not much use on a larger scale perhaps.

The other is this Ecocharlie stuff:
http://www.ecocharlie.co.uk/seasonal/home-promotional-row-2/control-those-pests/slug-snail-deterrent.html
which uses recycled ceramic shards, the principle being that the shards are both spiky and also porous meaning that the mucous trails are absorbed and the slugs can't get across them even if they can deal with the spikiness - an interesting idea I think. 

xx
slugs

Started by shed head on Grow Your Own

12 Replies
Last post April 13, 2013, 13:01
by rawrecruit
xx
Slugs

Started by concon on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post May 12, 2009, 21:05
by concon
xx
slugs

Started by harry on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post January 15, 2010, 19:49
by DavidT
xx
slugs

Started by slowcompost on Grow Your Own

18 Replies
Last post March 15, 2007, 22:57
by Annie

Page created in 0.329 seconds with 35 queries.