crittall greenhouse

• 3 Replies

piet87

crittall greenhouse
« on: January 20, 2010, 09:02 »
hello every one, (sorry for my english, french is my birth language) I buy a crittall greenhouse from a garage sale. Everything is in parts. Does somebody have photos or plan for the greenhouse, it will help me  to rebuilt . Specialy the cliping of the glass.
Thank you

Dean H

Re: crittall greenhouse
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 14:19 »
Hi there, (or should I say bonjour)
There is a photo of a crittal without glass which may help you at

LINK

Do you have the glass and clips for yours?
Dean.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 15:35 by Aunt Sally »

Bobby

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 15:05 »
Hi and welcome. I have never errected a Crittall G/ house but it seems that you have two problems at least. Crittall went out of business and they do not seem to have used standard nuts and bolts in their constuction, but other bolts can be modified to work.
With regards fitting glass most G/Hs use either a W shaped sprung wire clip or a stainless steel C shaped clip.Both do the same job and are easily available.
If you are on a allotment ask around for the resident G/H expert every site as them!
Best of luck  Bob

addedvalue1

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 12:51 »
Bon Jour Mon Ami,

I erected one of these last year, took about a day x 2 people, simple to do, for the basic principles follow this link and download or read online it will help with the method for ease of construction (also in French if required)
http://www.greenhousepeople.co.uk/pdf/files/aglpopularinstfull.pdf

Two main tips, lubricate any of the nuts and bolts for 24 hours with WD40 or similar so that you can reuse them, crittall bolts are no longer available to buy so they are precious, you can use others but they require minor adjustments to fit well.
Second main tip is to have someone helping with the back, front and side assembly, it isn't heavy work but you can damage the structure easily if it is not supported well. (also pick a calm weather day)

For glazing 8'X6' you will need about 200 'W' shaped wire glazing clips available on ebay or greenhouse suppliers/Garden Centres. Also 50 'Z' shaped Lap Clips, Rubbers should be on all outside grooves of the frame, if not double sided foam strip should be used again available on ebay for this purpose, if you need some black rubber strips let me know as I have replaced mine with foam as I am using acrylic not glass.

Bonn Chance!

Let me know if you require any further help, photographs or tips, happy to help.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 13:44 by addedvalue1 »

xx
Crittall greenhouse

Started by Mother Natures Son on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post March 05, 2012, 17:25
by Axe
clip
Crittall greenhouse, please help with instructions

Started by MikeSea on Design and Construction

29 Replies
Last post September 03, 2021, 11:00
by twoscoops61
clip
Crittall Greenhouse door seal

Started by igger21 on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post May 30, 2019, 19:50
by igger21
clip
Crittall greenhouse door seal and gutter waterbutt diversion kit

Started by Ashashash on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post June 04, 2020, 11:54
by Ashashash

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 39 queries.