Quail Forums

• 20 Replies

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Quail Forums
« on: January 16, 2012, 15:47 »
 :(  Have been searching for a decent Quail Forum but they all seem to be either really difficult to navigate or they are hardly used.  I have been spoilt with this Forum I guess so am really disappointed.  Would there be any chance of having a dedicated Quail section on here?  I am sure if there was it would soon be popular.  I know there are postings about quail already but they are few and far between.  Probably being a bit selfish wanting one on this site as it would save me searching other sites and I prefer this sites setup (it is more professional).   :wub:  Fingers crossed.   :D
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
Re: Quail Forums
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 16:06 »
We've not planned to have any other forms here.  We like to keep things as simple as possible and the poultry section covers all domestic birds.  I could try to make that clearer by altering the forum description a little.

ANHBUC

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 17:24 »
Thanks Aunt Sally, just wishful thinking as this is by far the best site and it is more difficult to find information when it is 1% hidden in 99% of chicken related topics.  It was just a thought as they seem to becoming more popular.   :D

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 20:07 »
I've also looked around for quail forum when I first started with them. Although there are a number of good sites for information I have never found anywhere that has a god interactive forum.

The search function can help picking out the quail from all the chickens.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 20:12 »
Kate you beat me to it - the search facility would be able to find things especially if the work quail is put in the subject title.
Staffies are softer than you think.

ANHBUC

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 20:26 »
Have done that but thought if quail were promoted more there would be more frequent postings as there is a definite gap in the quail forum market so to speak.   :)

joyfull

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 20:38 »
but then we would have to think about one for guinea fowl, turkeys, geese, ducks etc all of which have different needs to hens.

ANHBUC

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 20:45 »
Had thought of that and they could all be under the same section - Feathered Friends (who aren't chickens)!!   ;) 

joyfull

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 21:00 »
just because the forum sections are called chicken chat and hen house we have found that this has never stopped people asking about their ducks etc so really no need to change it. We then have the pets without feathers which really does point out the the two above ones are for feathered pets  :)

ANHBUC

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 12:36 »
 :)  I see you point joyfull, this is still the best site I have found as there is always someone online to give advice.  :)

joyfull

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 13:12 »
so true, and I have found that most who keep one of the other types of birds also keep chickens (except for Kate and her ducks - as she keeps bees and ducks  :D), so anybody on line will usually be found looking through the chicken pages  :)

ANHBUC

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 13:15 »
so true, and I have found that most who keep one of the other types of birds also keep chickens (except for Kate and her ducks - as she keeps bees and ducks  :D), so anybody on line will usually be found looking through the chicken pages  :)

Think Kate has quails as well, could be wrong though.

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 21:41 »
Yep, got quail too and it isn't half a pain traipsing through all the chicken threads! ;) ::) ;)

They're mini-velocoraptors (watch Jurassic Park again with that in mind and see what I mean)! See the light people and go for ducks!!!

That being said, I think too many sections just clutter things up and although it would group things nicely I think that the search function works well and mixing things up I think means that more people rather than less see it. Means I get to eulogise about ducks and might get some of these chicken folk to see the light. :tongue2:

C'mon! How can you argue?!

joyfull

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 21:48 »
they are so cute Kate,  :D

Kate and her Ducks

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 22:09 »
She was such a fab mum but never got the hang of having them snuggled user her so they all sat on top of her. Must be like under floor heating!
Tried picking one of them up once and despite being a very placid duck she absolutely went fro me! Grabbed my arm and shook and shook till I put her down. Left a cracking bruise!

xx
Quail.

Started by NormandyMary on Chicken Chat

6 Replies
Last post November 09, 2011, 20:14
by Kate and her Ducks
xx
Quail eggs

Started by daisy1990 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post October 06, 2010, 19:14
by daisy1990
xx
Quail Chicks

Started by animal mad on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post June 30, 2010, 21:24
by animal mad
xx
Quail Mischief!

Started by Mulberry1990 on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post November 01, 2010, 21:53
by orchardlady

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 40 queries.