Allotment Shed - - Insurance ????

• 3 Replies

dawnfuller

Allotment Shed - - Insurance ????
« on: January 30, 2012, 00:46 »
Hi,
Can you get insurance for your allotment shed and its contents. ???
Just been up to ours and found out that some blooming thieves have stolen our mantis, strimmer and dab radio from our allotment...
Police have been informed.
30 other plot holders had there sheds broken into the same time .!!

I have never heard of insurance on your lotty shed but your thoughts and ideas would be a great help
xx

Gwiz

Re: Allotment Shed - - Insurance ????
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 06:11 »
Sorry to hear you've had a visit from your local "upstanding citizens"
I know my home insurance covers my shed at home, but there are so many conditions applying to it that it would be impractical to try to make any claim for a break in. The shed would have be to turned into Fort Knox before the insurance would consider paying out!

As regards our allotment shed, I make it a rule to never, ever leave anything there of any value, I don't even fit a lock or padlock anymore as I got fed up with repairing the door every time it was busted open. The thieves now open the door, see a right old mess and some dirty old garden tools, and move onto the next shed.

Rangerkris

• My pic's
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 07:22 »
Sorry to hear this.
I am like Gwiz the people on my site thought i was mad leaving my shed unlocked, i have had one of Johns books taken but found on the path and my first aid kit that i had in there stolen (it was a big out of date work one) but would have been ok to get us out of trouble. No borken doors tho and now others leave there door unlocked too.
Thanks
Kris

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 18:30 »
Unless the NSALG offers insurance, you're not going to find any I think.  Home insurance won't cover it.

So sorry to hear about what you've lost.  I always tell newbies not to leave anything in a shed that they wouldn't want to have to replace - either for sentimental or financial reasons.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

xx
Shed insurance

Started by Henry on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post April 17, 2010, 23:43
by LollyPoppy
xx
Shed Insurance?

Started by xpers on Equipment Shed

5 Replies
Last post July 11, 2009, 10:23
by Paul Plots
xx
Allotment Shed

Started by J_B on Equipment Shed

8 Replies
Last post April 06, 2015, 16:34
by Kleftiwallah
xx
allotment shed

Started by new_2_veg on Equipment Shed

7 Replies
Last post June 08, 2008, 21:20
by new_2_veg

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 38 queries.