When to take away

• 3 Replies

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
When to take away
« on: June 01, 2010, 23:59 »
When is it a good time to take away chicks from mum, the babies are about 8 weeks now, when would it be a good time to remove them from the mum, although it makes me a be guilty, i really would like to sell the babies soon, will she really miss them? should i leave her with one or 2?
Dont count ya chickens till they hatch!!!!!

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
Re: When to take away
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:54 »
my last two lots were left by their mums at the ripe old age of 5 weeks and both mums went straight back to laying. Last years broodies left at ages 8 and 10 weeks. Are they all running round with the big girls? Can mum get back to her original coup instead of just the broody coup?
Staffies are softer than you think.

lisa80

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 08:20 »
With both broodys we had mum had started laying when the chicks were 7 weeks :)its always around the time i change them on to growers from chick crumb ::)

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:18 »
Thnk you for hat, yes i can put mum back in here oringal coup, i have a bit of juggling to do, as the other hen she is with is now broody and sitting on eggs, so need to move her out, then put Penny back with the boy, she has started laying again, just feel a bit mean taking all her babies away, i have some more babies from the clutch they came from and want to get them all back together, ready to sell on. Job for the weekend when OH is about i think

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 33 queries.