Love vouchers, but .....

• 13 Replies

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
Love vouchers, but .....
« on: December 09, 2011, 18:01 »
I always rediscover them a couple of days after the expiry date!

Does anyone have brilliant ways of keeping these vouchers organised until you're in the right shop again (so you don't use petrol getting there specially?
ManicMum

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Re: Love vouchers, but .....
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 20:13 »
Sorry, wish I could help, but I am the world's worst at remembering. I work in a supermarket so get even more vouchers than most from that source. I sort them regularly so that I am not tempted to use ones for goods I wouldn't normally buy (it's only a bargain if you really want it!) but because I know the girls and boys on the tills, they tend to speak, and I forget all about my vouchers. ::)

At one time they used to ask if you had any vouchers at the till, wish they still did. :(

compostqueen

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 15:36 »
I need to use all the vouchers I can get so tend not to lose them but I forgot to use one with some M & S stuff I ordered the other day.  I phoned up and used them retrospectively.  Glad there was no problem doing so as it was a tenner off  :D

I try and keep them in my purse so I know where they are when I get to the checkout

Debz

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:59 »
I keep them in my purse especially at the moment with A**A having their £5 off thing going on.  I have been checking my receipt every week and last week got vouchers that totaled £10.

ManicMum

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 09:08 »
Do you think a separate wallet (like those credit card holders) with vouchers sorted by date or by store would work?

But it still comes back to remembering to check!

I suspect the stores are glad we forget......

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:29 »
Do you think a separate wallet (like those credit card holders) with vouchers sorted by date or by store would work?

But it still comes back to remembering to check!

Why not give it a try and let us know how you get on? :) As you say, its remembering to take the wallet and check it, but if you can remember to take money, keys, phone etc, then.....
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 16:36 »
Last time I got a "5p per litre off" voucher from Tosscos I carefully made sure I wouldn't forget about it (displayed in a "window" section of my wallet) until it had nearly expired to maximise the value of it, filled the tank up to the brim, went to the payment desk................

.........and forgot all about it!!!!  :blush:  >:(
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Plottered

• Still on the same list!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, 16:45 »
dont mention vouchers....ive mislaid £40 worth of the Oh's that she won for an award at work...no idea where they are  :(
R.I.P Bobby Smiler Smith......love you always little fella.

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, 17:44 »
Last time I got a "5p per litre off" voucher from Tosscos I carefully made sure I wouldn't forget about it (displayed in a "window" section of my wallet) until it had nearly expired to maximise the value of it, filled the tank up to the brim, went to the payment desk................

.........and forgot all about it!!!!  :blush:  >:(

I forgot the same in my car ashtray 3 times on a trip around Scotland before it expired.. Oooops.. and each time I filled it to the brim from v v empty!!
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... 2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, 18:31 »
Last time I got a "5p per litre off" voucher from Tosscos

I get these quite often. The nearest store with a fuel station? 89 miles away!  :tongue2:

gavinjconway

• My Allotment Progress Website
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 18:43 »
Last time I got a "5p per litre off" voucher from Tosscos

I get these quite often. The nearest store with a fuel station? 89 miles away!  :tongue2:

Thats no good..  :(

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 22:03 »
I actually know several other money-saving tips when it comes to vouchers (not quite perfected them yet, because up to now it's usually the supermarket which saves money at my expense!)

Tip1: carefully tear off and keep all those money-off or extra point vouchers for specific products (beware; tip does not work if you don't actually want "pro-active bio-energy soap with added organic "molecule V72" for a new, younger-looking YOU", or in the case of ordinary toothpaste you only find the voucher one day after it expires.)

Tip2: Make sure you read the small print on your sometimes unexpected bar-coded money-off voucher (I made sure I spent the required £40 on groceries the other day to make sure I got my £6 discount, gleefully handed in my slightly crumpled but in-date voucher only to be told that it only applied to electrical goods.)

Tip3: Beware when using Tossco "actual money" clubcard vouchers at the self-service checkout machines - there is no real problem except that the machine won't scan a new one until you have "posted" the previous one in a slot. That is absolutely fine unless you fumble and drop all the vouchers and can't remember which was the one you last scanned - it's how's your luck day (mine was out, and it cost me £3.50!)  :wacko:  :(

Growster...

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 05:51 »
We bought all our meat for Christmas yesterday, with the few Neck-tie points we have left.

This year, Snazzo's offers and vouchers have been pretty pathetic, but Twongo's have been slightly better.

We don't actually know where Mollisons is nowadays...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:36 by Growster... »

snowdrops

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 06:59 »
I went to *sda yesterday with my 50p voucher for chilli dipping sauce(that I wrote on the list then crossed off when it went in the trolley)  clipped to my shopping list but it got in my way so put it in my pocket where it stayed till I got home doh.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

xx
Online Argos Vouchers

Started by richyrich7 on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post December 12, 2008, 20:47
by richyrich7
xx
Morrisons Let's grow Vouchers

Started by Nige2Plots on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post October 30, 2010, 08:14
by Nige2Plots
xx
Supermarket money off vouchers

Started by Tenhens on Frugal Living

5 Replies
Last post June 22, 2015, 22:37
by Tenhens
xx
Tesco Clubcard vouchers redeemable at T & M

Started by Wombat18 on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post February 21, 2013, 18:36
by bravemurphy

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 39 queries.