Supermarket money off vouchers

• 5 Replies

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
Supermarket money off vouchers
« on: June 17, 2015, 21:12 »
I'm not sure if it's a national 'scheme' but we have been getting money off vouchers to use in store  when we fill up at Sainsburys. Have recently had £8 off when spending £40. Currently have a £12 off (when spending £60) to be used by the 21st.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

Christine

Re: Supermarket money off vouchers
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 08:23 »
Lot of supermarkets are doing this sort of thing to get us through the doors to spend more. It's fine if you want to do a shop for the amount of money required to be able to use the voucher.  Quite often I find that I don't but then am single.

Mrs Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 08:55 »
We get lots of these when we use our loyalty cards, if we haven't been in for a while.

Mr Bee got several because he hadn't used his card for months. I usually use my card when shopping.

I think they were £8 off £30 shop. There was one for each week for a month. It was very useful as we needed wine for the wedding last year, so we went every week until we had got all the fizz we needed.

These vouchers are really good so long as you only buy what you really want and keep within the voucher limit and not be tempted to spend more.

The vouchers that came after we got the wine, had limits on what we could buy and wine was no longer an option.

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 10:23 »
Lot of supermarkets are doing this sort of thing to get us through the doors to spend more. It's fine if you want to do a shop for the amount of money required to be able to use the voucher.  Quite often I find that I don't but then am single.

Have you room to store things like soap powder & loo rolls etc to make up to the amount required. That's what I do if I'm close to the amount
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Christine

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 09:08 »
Yes I've room Snowdrops but I buy a lot of stuff like soap powder from Suma Wholefoods because I like certain brands that the supermarkets don't do in large sizes.

To me, money off vouchers come in the same category as loyalty cards - another way to lock you in to buying from one source. And I'm afraid I don't play in either case. But then I'm the difficult customer.  ;) ;) :) :)

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 22:37 »
I think the vouchers we've been using exclude alcohol. Which is a shame. With the ever watchful eye of Mrs Tenhens knowing the prices of our regular purchases , we were able to spend the required amount on items that we would normally buy.

xx
Love vouchers, but .....

Started by ManicMum on Frugal Living

13 Replies
Last post December 16, 2011, 06:59
by snowdrops
xx
Morrisons Let's grow Vouchers

Started by Nige2Plots on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post October 30, 2010, 08:14
by Nige2Plots
xx
Online Argos Vouchers

Started by richyrich7 on Frugal Living

0 Replies
Last post December 12, 2008, 20:47
by richyrich7
xx
Tesco Clubcard vouchers redeemable at T & M

Started by Wombat18 on Frugal Living

4 Replies
Last post February 21, 2013, 18:36
by bravemurphy

Page created in 0.106 seconds with 28 queries.