Cost of renting a patch for GYO

• 34 Replies

barney rubble

• We are Barney and Rubble and we love digging
Re: Cost of renting a patch for GYO
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 18:34 »
Great Matron - that must be the way to do it. Had a look at the patch I mentioned - and yes whilst I like a challenge - I was planning on getting the stuff in the ground this year not 2011....!!! Still looking therefore - do you know of any good deals up your way - I'm Staffordshire lowlands? Thanks

Lee G

• Experienced Member
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 19:32 »
I'm in Birmingham so pay £24 for a plot that's roughly 10m x 30m, including water, although using hosepipes is banned, apart from to fill your bath/water butt.  If I pay promptly I get a £3 discount.

Thats quite a good discount - it all helps - will you be affected by the post the NICK.STONE has posted above from the local paper?

Sure will, I'd not seen that story so that's a bit of a blow.  Have to see what they put it up to before I start planning my protests!!

barney rubble

• We are Barney and Rubble and we love digging
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 19:47 »
I'm in Birmingham so pay £24 for a plot that's roughly 10m x 30m, including water, although using hosepipes is banned, apart from to fill your bath/water butt.  If I pay promptly I get a £3 discount.

Thats quite a good discount - it all helps - will you be affected by the post the NICK.STONE has posted above from the local paper?
Sure will, I'd not seen that story so that's a bit of a blow.  Have to see what they put it up to before I start planning my protests!!

Yes I'd wait too, but not wishing to be too political here, but maybe a breakdown of Council costings could be called for?

theakston_uk

• Experienced Member
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 22:49 »
Have just read the piece from the Birmingham paper. It makes me laugh the money the council say they pay for the upkeep of the allotments. I know they will have to spend a certain amount of money on the allotments, but surely the alotmenteers are the people that 'upkeep' the allotments as they are the people doing all the hard work.

matron

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2009, 23:10 »
Great Matron - that must be the way to do it. Had a look at the patch I mentioned - and yes whilst I like a challenge - I was planning on getting the stuff in the ground this year not 2011....!!! Still looking therefore - do you know of any good deals up your way - I'm Staffordshire lowlands? Thanks

We are in a tiny village / hamlet and after 17 years are still some of the 'new comers'. Our plot is literally a bit of land between 2 properties. Over many years farmers have sold this and that and then have bits and pieces here and there. Have a walk around your area and see if there are any bits of land lying vacant. I think it really does depend on the area you live. If many of the people who live in our village travel the 10 miles to the nearest town it is a big trip out! Flask and sandwiches required  :ohmy:
Good luck with your search.  :)

xx
Renting a garden

Started by Anton on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post March 30, 2024, 21:05
by Aunt Sally
xx
Help - renting space in my polytunnel?????

Started by mumof4 on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post February 10, 2008, 21:25
by cooperman
xx
Cost?

Started by Zammoimp on Grow Your Own

4 Replies
Last post March 07, 2009, 00:20
by woodburner
xx
How much do you think it will cost you

Started by Dopey113 on Grow Your Own

35 Replies
Last post April 07, 2012, 23:37
by Paul Plots

Page created in 0.393 seconds with 36 queries.